• Replies 7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lots of cloudy looking humid weather early on this morning  

High of 26 forecast for today, after a cool overnight. I like that.

It all melted?!?     Clear here too.

FWIW, here are a couple of photos taken last December.

soubriquet_181.jpg

27th December 2006. Mogami River in spate and at bankfull, following torrential rain. Base has all melted.

soubriquet_182.jpg

31st December 2006. Four days later, good skiing at Jangle Jungle.

How is it over there soubs?

Really mild today here and not a cloud in the sky. Like spring almost.

Today about 2km from my house:

muikabochi_197.jpg

Forecast is for snow from Sunday so hoping that will be a honkaku-teki dump.

Mild frost and high cloud. Rain forecast.

Two days of mild weather means our builder can finally cast the slab for our garage and parking area without fear of it freezing. That means I can finally set up the sprinkler system. Woohoo.

We've just split the cost of a bore with our next-door neighbours. The sprinklers will clear the snow from our shopfront; parking and garage space. That means that on an epic morning I'm going to be off early for first tracks rather than shovelling a tonne of snow. Seems good to me \:\)

morning everyone...heavy rain this morning...not looking too good for today.

sorry Soubs might sound like a basic question .....why doesn't the water from the sprinkler system freeze?

Morning. Mild and very wet, wind from the south.

My concrete is very happy, after no frost last night. The sprinkler water doesn't freeze because it has drained before it gets cold enough. It can freeze if you turn it on on a clear night, but not if its snowing. Once the meltwater is in the canal, then not my problem sunshine \:\)

Good morning Soub,

Came back to jp 3 weeks ago. We're in Tanegashima now. so far away from the snow. It actually makes me mildly depressed.

Regarding Nepal, I realized that you really need to be young AND irresponsible to enjoy the whole package over there. Mountains are still very nice, but Kathmandu and the bus rides is too tough for me now. i don't think i will return.