I'm done like dinner. Had my last day on whistler on wednesday, and it was probably the best last day ever. Despite the late snow, it was a great season. Now i just have to wait all summer and see if anyone drops out of the CIR position on JET so i can get back over to Japan!

Hooray, i can have the knee surgery now that i've put off for 7 seasons...

• 2 weeks later...

actually, i was living in Squamish at the time and making the commute daily to Whistler. But i left at the end of March after my job finished. I'm back home in the rockies waiting to see of i get on JET

The daily commute by bus to Whistler was about and hour and fifteen by bus. And i had to catch it at 6:20 am every day. But i would sleep on it so i didn't notice it that much.

And I hoping, well not really, FOCUSING my whole life on getting back to Japan. The CIR thing is not looking too good, so i am looking for almost anything, including english teaching until i ca find a japanese-speaking job. So hopefully i'll be snowboarding over there by the end of this year with you guys. As for where i end up, i will take kagoshima if it gets me over there. However ideally i would love to be in some place like Nozawa or Iiyama in northern Nagano.

What's the length of the season like in Japan?

Here on the east coast U.S. the season typically runs Dec - April. My home mountain went 1st weekend November through tomorrow. Used to be open October-June but there just isn't enough business to justify the early opening and late closings. You can normally hike for turns through late June. My last day was two weeks ago. Work intruding on real life yet again.

I heard that Mammouth out in western U.S. may actually stay open all year this season. They did that a couple of years ago.

Dec-April sounds about right for most places add more time at the beginning and end for places higher up.

Weather permitting, we're going up to Okutadami tomorrow.