American Idol (for those of us watching Fox Japan - no spoilers please)

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sanjaya gets creepier by the minute.

And just WHO are those gormless girls commenting at the end. How on earth do they get to be there?

Ah, they are the talented idol group that are being pushed right now. The ingredients are:

- underage girls, some vaguely cute;

- about 12 of them all "singing" and "dancing" together;

- wearing sailor suits, but make sure the skirts are short so we can see those nama-ashi;

- almost no talent

Add a lot of pervs who seem to love that kind of thing and success!

Those girls are called AKB8. Think it's supposed to stand for Akihabara. They appeal to the Akihabara maid cafe otaku types.

I know none of them are particularly interesting but if you had to choose one guy and one girl who would it be? I think I'd choose Blake and Melinda (but only cos there isn't much choice!)

Is it just me or is that Jordan girl getting, er, 'bigger' every week? Seriously, she seems to be inflating!!

Does Paula Abdul say much else apart from "you looked gorgeous". Isn't this a singing comp?

Yes it's all getting a bit cliche isn't it? As me jane said they don't seem to be that bothered about comments other than the totally predictable. Simon at least Simon says what he feels still.

I was thinking that about Jordin as well last night actually gg lol.gif She does seem to be growing!

Well at least Sanjaya is gone, Simon must be happy.

I was fairly surprised to see Blake in the bottom three there.

Those country and latin themed shows just confirm to me how much I dislike that kind of music.

Much of the stick that idol's been getting this year is because of people like no talent sanjaya getting through when the likes of Red and Sundanace get the bullet. Now sanjboy can go n do the talk show circuit and then off to Las Vegas after the idol tour.

Beat box boy is actually something original and some of his stuff is good.

I know it's not about looks, but what is going on with Melindas lack of neck? lol.gif She seems like a nice lady though as Simon pointed out the "what me?!" surprise has gotten really old.

I think Jordin will win. She seems to be on the up, so to speak. Not keen myself.

I wanted Antonella to win \:\(

Do we have a winner yet for AI?

Please don't tell us the result or any hints at all.... I was just wondering where it's up to! I want to avoid the entertainment news so I don't get the result by mistake.

Glad I missed it too.

By the way, I've heard that the winner is posted on almost every news and search engine site, Yahoo, MSN, you name it - it will guaranteed to be on there! Use Japanese search engines and don't watch CNN!

Quote:
don't watch CNN

That shouldn't be too difficult! lol.gif

It'll be on the BBC site as well so best avoiding places like that if you want to keep it a surprise. Oh what fun,

Next year they really should get their act together and show it sooner after the actual event than the current 4 weeks behind.