Well, this was my second on a snowboard and I had some good times - mostly in Nagano - but I just couldn't get out as much as I wanted mainly because of work.

I love Nozawa, really great place. It's definitely my favorite.

I'm determined next year to make the time and effort and keep my holidays for winter.

Nozawa is good place, it seem really popular with everybody who go there.

I had great season, with many days. But now I don't have much money I must start saving for next winter also!

My season was not good. I had to go back to France for a month, then work was so busy. I only made it out to Nagano and Gifu a few times. I am hoping next season will be much better for me. I really enjoy reading about other peoples adventures though.

this time was able to strech out the season to 6 months. only another 6 months to wait now!

was able to hook up with a few people here (serreche, tsondaboy, sven), met tons of locals at Kagura, all in all a great season.

if we can time it right maybe another trip or two left for us this/next month.

Quote:
Originally posted by montoya:
this time was able to strech out the season to 6 months. only another 6 months to wait now!
I just counted and if I get to ski on the weekends I have made plans I will have stretched my season into 9 months.

Started in November with powder in the Tateyama area and going to end it with steep summer skiing in the Karasawa come July

It did start off slow. I remember many people started to write off the season before it even started. All those news reports about how the snow was never going to come and what a shitty season it was going to be.

lol.gif

Turned out to be really good I think

Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
It did start off slow. I remember many people started to write off the season before it even started. All those news reports about how the snow was never going to come and what a shitty season it was going to be.
lol.gif
Turned out to be really good I think
Yup, that one huge storm that came through over New Years went off!!!! \:D

They still open up in early December. It is just that the terrain is limited. Some resorts opened up in early November last year.

In most places though you need more than a metre of snow to cover up the sasa to be able to get into the trees and have some fun.

Toque you don't seem to be able to accept this.

From what I remember, many resorts in Yuzawa a number of years back were fully open by mid-December. Not just parts --- fully open.

The season opening and the first real snows have been gradually getting later and later, and resorts have gradually been planning their openings to be later and later.

All right BigW

I trust in your knowledge that the resorts fully opened 5 years ago. Kagura was fully open at the beginning of the season this year as well. Maybe even just before Christmas. Doesn't mean you can ski all the terrain though.

I am saying though and I really don't want this to turn into a debate because there are better things to do that if you plan your vacation early/mid december on the data from years back there is a chance that it might not be so good. Weather is a funny thing. Even 10-20 years ago there were bad seasons.

\:\)

Where is SnowConnection?

At least when I go back and forth with him it's about something interesting happyglass.gif

Quote:
Doesn't mean you can ski all the terrain though
Well, er, you could actually.

Weather is a funny thing yes. The point I was putting across was that in Japan, a - good - early December start to the season at lots of places was normal. And it is not now.

I'm getting bored of this particular argument as well (esp. of you not accepting this).