Things you can't help laughing at

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those bells get pretty annoying after a while. Very noisy and constantly ringing. In summer when the cows are up high you have to go a fair way to escape the noise. A little bit of cow bell is nice, but 50 cows that clang with every chew of grass gets in your head after a while. The Swiss sheep are just as noisy, but taste way better than Swiss cows. That picture was taken the weekend we saw the cool ceremony of bringing the cows back into the valley for winter. In summer you see a big herds of cows in the alpine pastures and usually if you look hard you see a farmer dozing in the paddock of flowers looking after them a few kilometres from the nearest building. I have even found the little beds that the farmers make themselves. They just lie there in the grass looking at the cows, it must be very good for the soul.

They had some gaijin doing an oishii program here in Niigata city the other week. They were playing along with all the oishii program cliches. Didn't suit them at all, looked a bunch of sillies if you ask me.

I shouldn`t laugh at soubriquette`s customers as it is they who keep me in havanas and cognac, but we had cake tragic in the shop this morning. A young lady, badly dressed, long lank unkempt hair, thick glasses, spots etc. turned up at the shop this morning for cake. I was working just outside the window where she was sitting. She bought cake, and ate it. Then she bought another, and ate that. Then a cup of tea. Then more tea and cake. I counted at least five, but it turned out to be nine portions in all. eek.gif

She sat still for quite a while after that before leaving on her bike. All the shop ladies had a good laugh about that.

wowsers! nine cakes a day. i take my hat off to this fine lady.

some pictures please soub... maybe a gory sequence of the gluttony.

and is she a dainty eater, or some piggy who just loves tucking in and getting cream all over her face.

so many questions, so little time

I try to avoid standing with my face pressed up to the glass like some starving Dickensian urchin, spook, so as not to put off the customers, like. She seemed to be hoeing in, head down though.

Apparently up to about four serves is normal, but one hero managed twelve.

I had lunch with a female coworker. There is a common meeting g point for workers lunching together, its near a cheap sculpture of an overweight cook. People say things like "I'll see you at 12.30 by the fat cook".

She sent me an email asking if 12.30 at the 'dick koch' was ok. To a German, that's stout cook. To me, its a place called Dick Cock. I agreed to meet her at the dick koch and then giggled like a little boy for 2 minutes.

• 1 month later...

A guy I know has said "lets go out for a beer" to me probably over 20 times now. It has not yet happened. Once I tried to actually arrange it - he seemed quite shocked and it didn't happen! I just laugh inside now when I hear it.

They have probably already spotted it. There's a guy I work with who has possibly the worst ever, in the world, in history. You can clearly see the layers, the colors don't match and as well as that it is just the worst shape possible. It looks like it is on in the wrong place lol.gif

I'll have to get the camera out ;\)