Is it just me not watching as much J tv recently or are the Morning musumes not as 'everywhere' as they used to be?

Quote:
It's a ruthless money-making machine turning over more than £50 million a year in record sales alone. If proof were needed of its effectiveness, one only has to take a look at Morning Musume's male fans, the otaku, whose fetishistic devotion marks them out as a breed apart not only from regular music fans but also from the mainstream of Japanese society. It's estimated that the sale of merchandise to the otaku market in Japan - which covers everything from pop groups to manga and animé - is worth ¥290 billion (£1.5bn).
eek.gif

Get those posters made. lol.gif

It surely can't be because of them getting older surely...I thought they just replaced old versions with new pre double digit age versions.

I saw the group Dreams Come True on TV last night, the singer is pretty amazing, I was kind of impressed to see some j-pop with actual talent behind it.

I think even so, Morning Musume "boom" is now over. They are still I think popular but not as before. There is always something new.

I am surprised always how Smap keep so popular, especially as they are limited in actual talent!