• Replies 936
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely skiing. Then you can train him to pull you along the flat sections, so you don't have to unclip.

We wait for obsolescence   Just really hope he grows up OK.

Baby number two.   GirlInJapan  

• 2 months later...
Originally Posted By: ger
My boy just puked about an hour ago. Ie. 4:30 AM. He's back to sleep now but I'm up. We'll see if this one spreads around the family..... ARG

Stomach bug?

Oh dear .. the other 'joys' of parenthood.

Mess.

Kids stuffing up your electronic stuff (my eldest used to 'feed' the VHS player).

and the pre-school illness-fest.

Rest assured Ger the constant getting sick, snotty nose and vom's will become a rare event once kids are about 7 or 8. It really is the day care/nursery school/preschool plague. Not much helps either.

BTW: GN....she really did grow up quick!

Originally Posted By: ger
Worked it's way through the family slowly. Son->Daughter->Dad.... Wife hasn't gotton it yet.

Oh. NOT good. Sorry to hear that.
Wife will likely be next!

Bizarrely my #2 came down with Gastro today - both directions - so I'm hoping that by virtue of the fact he is now 17 (well on Friday he will be 17) he can look after himself and keep the germs to himself!

Feel better soon.

The kids are constantly picking up these bugs. At first it was a big deal but now I'm pretty much used to it. Besides which, a good purge once or twice a year is healthy, no?

If it interferes with my ski trips though, that's when I get pissed.

• 2 months later...

It is a he! (I didn't know before he was born - found out as he came out!).

Was born New Year's Day at 7:43pm. Haven't been on much as been whisking back and forth from home to the hospital on a daily basis, and yesterday, he came home, so stayed over at the in-law's too.

So far, he's pretty awesome, only cries when he wants food or nappy changing, which are fairly easy to tell apart. Food, he starts chewing his sleeves or puts his fist in his mouth, the other, well, you can imagine. wink

I am changing the nappies, and the wife is doing the breast feeding, which you could set a clock by, he is in a routine, that much already.

All in all, it's a head **** of a situation, in a great way. Nothing can ever ever prepare you for that moment when the baby is born.