• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quote:
The vids are great. Just curious as to what cameras you are using and if there are any recommendations especially for filming in the snow. Thanks!
Panasonic 3CCD video camera this year, and last year's vid, Pentax still Digi camera 3.2 megapixels with 30sec of movie (no sound).

hey SJ...

can you move those 2 vids in fattwins section to my section?? (I think they are the most recent additions...has my name on them)

thanks!

danz

• 1 month later...

my guess is that he compressed it a lot... also in a rush, he didn't bother with the music either... we are in the process of putting together our ski movie and have about 6ish segments roughly done \:D

• 4 weeks later...

The camera-child is my 6-year old son. He was pretty cool about standing in the sun for 30 minutes keeping a steady hand.

There was a bit of snow down here in the winter - just enough to make one miserable really. I had maybe 4 minutes of riding in powder last season.

That there machine is a Tierney Rides T-board . You can go fairly steep if you have room to carve - otherwise you pick up speed really quickly and it's scary as hell. There's no edge to stop with like a snowboard. I'm getting better at riding it and can make tighter turns. I'm gradually starting higher and higher up that hill you can see in the vid (the cemetery!) - and keeping fit by running up the muther.

I understand that the Flowboard is a 'slower' board because of the greater inefficiency of the wheels, and I'm thinking of getting one to see if it can handle steeper slopes without having to carve hysterically.

On Friday I went to the cemetery and got that 'riding in the trees at Nozawa' feeling again by carving right up to the curb so the tree branches smacked against my helmet. \:\)

Is anybody interested in buying my Freebord btw? I'm open to offers. It's good for sliding, and it has 'edges' so you can slow it down on the steeps. It's a bit too small for me.