Waiting for a reply, but not getting one?

I'm waiting for a reply from this company who I sent a proposal to. This was quite a while ago and things seemed quite positive. But then things got quiet. Now I'm getting rather annoyed at them not replying or giving me a decision. I've sent a mail and called a few times and each time not got to the right person - and beginning to think I'm being given the run around. Is this how some companies say "no, thank you"? -- ie by just ignoring you? If so it seems very bad manners. Or perhaps I should just wait..... more!

They perhaps just need more time - even if it seems they have had more than enough. A few times I have been surprised when a positive response came after 6 months of silence and non-communication.

Any comments from our Japanese friends on here?

Yoroshiku:

Keep at it mate. Some Japanese companies take forever to make a decision, and when they do everything has to be done yesterday.

A Japanese guy I do some work for sell security gear, and he was trying to get a tie up with a big company here. They talked for over 2 years without even looking like buying, but then one day they ordered 2,000units and made this guy a profit of about 40 million yen.

石の上にも三年

I say the same - keep at it. Many large Japanese companies do seem to take absolutely ridiculous amounts of time to make a decision. I hate being ignored as well in situations like this thogh, it is annoying.

What is 石の上にも三年 misorano?

石の上にも三年, this seems to be appropriate as mentioned above.

Patience is a vurtue here even if you have to wait for a long long time, this is one thing I have learnt here!

Quote:
Obstacles are a natural part of life, just as boulders are a natural part of the course of the river. The river does not complain or get depressed because there are boulders in its path.
Patience....

If your proposal is a good one, perhaps it's time to think about how you could achieve the result without waiting around for this company to pay attention.

Reading this book may give you the push you need;

http://www.sayingyestojapan.com/

Waiting around and doing things the Japanese way is not always the best way for foreigners to proceed...

Yes, after reading that first chapter for nowt, I wanted to read more. It's got some interesting business stories in it and if you're thinking about how you can strike out on your own, or even make yourself more useful in a company, it's quite inspiring.

sava's approach is good too - I've had that work in my favour.