its about time mogs...

where you headed?? haks?? I will be in niigata...might even have a space for you to crash if need be, but not sure...pm me if interested...

it is going to be SICK!!!

danz

Gotta friend going to Nozawa, but I would like to catch up with some SJ peoples so I am in a wait and see where most are going mind.

My only problem with Naeba and all is Kanpachi now that I live in Kamakura. Makes for one hellva long drive when it is crowded. However tis one of my favourite areas Niigata.

What to do?!

Do you live in Kamakura now, mogski??

I'm very envy of you! It's my dream to live there.

My exboyfriend was living in Kamakura, and he always took long drive to Atsugi (Tomei highway) and night ski at Misaka ski resort(Yamanashi) after work.

Yoko-Yoko highway from Asahina and take Shuto-ko, it might be closer(faster) to Kan-etsu highway than Kanpachi because Kanpachi is always very crowded.

Thanks for that slow!

Tis my experience with Kanpach that it is okay until you get to the Takido Junction of the shutoko. From there it is only 8km to the Kanetsu on ramp and yet it can take up to 1.5hours to get there! For a main road it has way to many traffic lights!

I plan to leave early morning like around 4am so I hope things won't be too crowded!

What the crap? Weird, weird weather pattern this year. Where are our blizzards up north dammit mad.gif The Hakkodas create their own weather and are an anomoly, but what about the rest of the places and towns up north? Even Niseko is having an 'off' year and for once isn't leading the pack for most snow.

Enjoy it everyone! It looks fantastic for you folks down to the south! \:D

japansnownext3days.jpg

Can`t look past Hakuba.

I`ve just had the most incredible 3 days of boarding ever. That looks like becoming 4, 5, 6 days, 1 week, 2 weeks as it ain`t letting up out there. Snow is falling in the village at the moment, should get plenty tonight. The best bit is there`s been so much snow I haven`t had to go anywhere near the BC (neither would I have wanted to with crappy stability), but once all this dumping stops there`ll be weeks of fun to be had out there.

Insane season, haven`t had a day without powder(apart from Mon/Tuesday when it rained) and I`ve ridden everyday.

Mogs - not you too? I pissed of Shimba the other day and have been forced to live in a kamakura too. I use a candle for heating. The bonus is that it`s right outside of the front door so I`m closer to the Kitchen and I dont have to navagate the death stairs to go to bed.

Arai does get more than niseko, but for quality pow niseko is much better & way lighter most of the time.

Just like surf spots, sometimes one area has a bad spell.

Lets look at it this way, even if it didn't snow for a few weeks but was cold you could still enjoy ya self boarding/skiing. But surfing a flat spell means no fun at all!

Thats why to me snowboarding is so much more reward for effort put in compared to surfing here.

Hey Davo sorry about last weekend we gotta make some time to get out there together. Maybe next Sunday if you want. Im going up for 4 day starting tomorrow but I have the flu. Im wearing a mask so that I dont pass the flu onto my wife if she gets it my ski week is toast.