Whats the next language you want to learn (after mastering Japanese of course).

I'd really like to go back and try to learn German - I did it at school and was fairly good but I've forgotten most of it.. I'm sure I'd pick it up fairly quickly.

Chinese for me.

Not sure how quick I can learn it. Maybe too slow as hell coz nowadays I forget more than remember \:\(

Have to improve English as well, and start studying Italian and Spanish again.

Buongiorno! ;\)

I'm trying to learn a bit of Japanese - so I can talk politics and other serious subjects with the locals when I visit. And chat with the girls a bit more of course. Who's the best to teach me.... that lecherous Yamakashi perhaps? ;\)

Quote:
Originally posted by BagOfCrisps:
Who's the best to teach me.... that lecherous Yamakashi perhaps? ;\)
...there are other people with a much better grasp of the language like Mr.W and O11,and others Im sure on this forum - my level might be high, but what Ive learned in the years Ive been here, and the fact that theyve been twice that time, well, theres just no comparison...

and lecherous? ouch mad.gif ;\)

Would like to learn ye olde Latin, Aramaic (the language of biblical times) and Esperanto.

The first two would open up the meaning of the ancient and classical texts, which is lost when translated. Whilst Esperanto is said to assist in learning a foreign dialect.

It's a shame I'm bloody hopeless at learning foreign lingo! \:o

Spanish!! I'd like to be able to speak to my sister's Mexican in-laws and like Yamakashi, I wouldn't mind buying a sort of 'summer home' in Costa Rica for surfing and generally hiding out from everything.

I'm also interested in Arabic.

Subzero, I had Latin for 4 years and it was as much fun as a Japanese TV drama... :rolleyes: Thats JMHO

Wish I did Spanish or French back in H.S. at least that wouldve been more useful.

Ideally start learning Chinese and Spanish now. If I get level 1 this year Ill start one of the two...

What would you, SJers, pick, Chinese or Spanish?

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
What would you pick, Chinese or Spanish?
Yes, admittedly the grammar of Latin is as much fun as listening to Parliament Question Time. lol.gif

Chinese – more useful in this hemisphere and better suited if travelling within Asia.
(Most Asian counties understand it, or at least, parts of it. So, you’ll never truely be out in the proverbial cold.)