Ishihara's comments about French

What exactly did (Ishihara, Tokyo Govenor) say? Something like you can't count properly in the French language and it's not a good language or something along those lines?

He likes the spotlight, doesn't he?!

lol.gif

that guy is an idiot. Like Japanese can be a good international with all the kanji you have to learn.

ishihara needs a lesson in international politics. He pisses just about every country off and is so rightwing its not funny. If the guy was in charge of Japan, Japan would go to war again.

No, he is too old to get more power. And don't worry, his son isn't like him.

If you have ever read his book, you can understand him and his thinking. He is a sensitive man and devout Buddhist, too. He is a writer more than a politician. But Tokyo people chose him as a governor. That's what I can't understand.

I can't dislike him because he is a man who loves ocean and our local town. This is from his book mentioned French and Ocean.

Quote:
私の母は石原光子という、当時としては珍しい画 478;志望の、たいそう気の強い個性豊かな人でした。 私は折節にいろいろな薫陶を彼女から受け、私の 863;性をはぐくまれました。 そして私のもう一人の 母も同じように個性豊かな、気の強い女です。そ 398;名は「海」です。フランス語では母も海も、綴り は少し違っても発音は同じメールですからね。人& 291;というのはそれぞれ、その人生にとっての光背を 持っていると思いますが、私にとってのそれは、 023;です。

このエッセイの題名の通り、私は今でも自分の 154;生に恋着していますし、それ故にその光背の海に 今でも限りない愛着と思慕を欠きません。

私にとっては海こそが私の情念のすべてをはぐ 367;み、私の感性を磨き上げてくれたと思っています 。

Quote:
He likes the spotlight, doesn't he?!
I agree with you, Dumbstick. He has repeated mentioning something like that in the past which mostly basis on kinda racist and discriminative point of view which I don't like. Probably most of you still remember one of his comments "Sangokujin"?

As a politician or a strategist, he might be excellent to get spotlight, but that is not all what he needs to do. If he wants spotlights, he can choose another job like his younger brother who passed away chose being an actor. He should be respectable and responsible about what he comments. What politicians say are informed all over the world so quick, they have to think about how much their comments affect everything.

If I can find any good side, he mentions anything to anyone not hesitating any. Probably sometimes it works better to negociate something with someone or some countries that are hard to deal with. But this time I don't think that side worked good about French language. That was just too rude and lacking of respect. It's not his business to analyze how a language counts numbers. Each and every language has its own history which is not built in a day or two. If I were he, I would say "it's hard to count numbers in French way" at the most. With French language,people count numbers just like quatre-vingt-dix-neuf ( 4 x 20 plus 9 ) like with Japanese and English we do eighty nine ( 8 x 10 plus nine). I hear in Danish they do like French way - Thunderpants, right?

If he thought his thoughts were correct, he can tell it to Jacques René Chirac or Dominique Galouzeau de Villepin at some intl' meetings if he were invited.

We need to respect others, other cultures. Language is not only tool to communicate, i think we can not talk about languages without the cultural backgrounds.
So if someone speaks bad of a language, I am sure
native speakers of the language feel as if they and their culture were looked down upon.

I really feel sorry to people who speak French as their mother language. I hope they never misunderstand that all Japanese people are like that. ;\) wave.gif

Yep, soubriquet. I wonder why a politicial like at his position can say that kind of things again and again in public. It just shows how unconscious or ignorant about human rights.

Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:
I hear in Danish they do like French way - Thunderpants, right?

Not quite, but we other strange methods
"50" is pronounced "Half-sixty" ?!?!
(and 60 is pronounced3 * 20)
maybe Danish will not qualify for Ishihara's list of great international languages \:\(

;\)

Doesn't the Japanese language have like a bajillion ways to describe numbers of things?

Different method for elevator floors, different method for age, different method for how many pairs of panties are in a vending machine.......

It seems kind of whack to me.

Maybe counting is the one portion of the English language that is easy to learn?

Quote:
Originally posted by gamera:
Yep, soubriquet. I wonder why a politicial like at his position can say that kind of things again and again in public. It just shows how unconscious or ignorant about human rights.
The troubling thing is that people keep voting for him. Take comfort that at least he's not a maniac like Le Pen, or a complete pillock like the Mayor for Ayre, who labeled my boys as mongrels mad.gif

It the LDP Party

Lack

Democratic

Principles

Party.

They can do or say just about anything. If you tow the party line and dont mess with the way they get votes then you can stay in power. Step out of line, and they will dig up all the un-clean things, you did while sanctioned by them.

I hate the LDP anyone who works for them is selfish and a cheat.

Ishihara himself is a disgrace to Japan. A man that doesnt give a rats azz about anyone elses views. A man that cant see beyond the Japanese boarder. A man in the end who will take a high pension and doesnt need it. I call that a thief.

I read somewhere (can't remember where) that the guy was quite popular with Japanese. And that basically his "racist" remarks were not really something that Japanese either take notice of or generally worry about..

as far as counting in french is concerned, the swiss have got it right, 70 = septant, 80 = huitant, ect. but then again nobody would ever know because they are swiss and who knows anything about 'the swiss agenda'?