The FOOTBALL Thread (2005-2006)

• Replies 602
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ManYoo - Newcastle was seriously one-way traffic.

I expect the same against Liverpool this week. At least it's on at a reasonable hour for watching in Japan.

AS Roma (0) 2 Middlesbrough (1) 1

Agg: 2-2, Middlesbrough win on away goals

"McClaren added: "You don't have nights like this very often so it is one of the best achievements of my career. Beating the favourites is very satisfying.""

thumbsup.gif

You a Middlesbrough supported soubriquet?

Not footie related but at uni I had a girlfriend from Middlesborough - difficult to understand her accent a lot of the time. I looked past that though ;\) lol.gif

Hope it will be the same this weekend Mr Wiggles. Perhaps if we put some strikers in the team!

Mighty Norwich. I lived in the NE for a year and it's my favourite part of England, so I like to see their teams doing well.

My Geordie girlfriend navigating in the car "... it's right, right, followed by a left, right, then it's straight, right". She was a honey.

10:30pm kickoff is a good time - not keen on these midnight starts! We do well though, they're putting about 5 games a week on at the moment... better than what they get back in the uk - mustn't complain!

yep you get all the saturday games which sky arent allowed to show, and also the premplus ones which we have to pay £8 each for.

I've started doing premiership coupon accumulator bets each weekend now in an attempt to get some money. Correctly predict all 10 premiership results (just the wins/draws, not the actual scores) and you get about 7000 for a 1 bet. However, statistically the chances of winning are (by my calculations, 3 to the power of 10 right?) 60,000/1, so you can see how bookies make their money :p I gave up on the lottery after using this lottery simulator

We do get it good - more often than now 5 live games a week is pretty good.

I wish I'd have watched the Fulham Chelsea game, sounds like it was a tense game.

He's just a prime plonker and seems to be intent on becoming the most hated. It is good to see them get beaten though for once. If they lose another in the next few weeks and then they play United it could even become exciting yet.

Well first they've got to beat the might of Newcastle in the cup.

After this week, I think we have a sure fire winner for defensive blunder of the season.

boum0jm.gif

Unfortunately it stops before the bear hug, but you get the general idea.

about 25.

Chelsea scraped through last night, they going through a 'blip' at the moment. Also, again we get the petulence from Mourinho:

'Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho refused to speak to the media after the game.' (bbc news online)