Japan versus North Korea kick off?

7pm on normal tv (don't know which channel name), after the news on BS. I presume the ko is 7:15 or 7:30.

I think without the Japanese crowds going mental, it will more than likely be very easy to recognise it as a poor quality game of football. I hope I'm wrong....

i find it amazing the japanese crowds still scream everytime japan gets the ball in the oppostion half. Its not like they ever score! You think they would have realised they rarely do anything with the ball, except pass pointlessly around midfield for the entire game. Still nothing like a game against threatening neighbours to stir up some nationlistic pride...

Very probably nagpants.

I can understand wantint to get together, but not sure about in a stadium like that lol.gif

BofC - yes, only media will be watching. If Japan win or draw they qualify for the World Cup. North Korea have to win and then be lucky to get a playoff (I think).

Sounds a right laugh. Not!

I'm sure we'll be seeing endless repeats looped for ever of crowds

- in that stadium in Tokyo;

- in sports bars in Japan;

- outside the stadium in Bangkok;

- in the hotel 500 metres away from the stadium;

- Japanese people living in New York;

- in the hometown of one of the benchwarmers;

And of course in North Korea supporters... places.

It's quite easy to predict what will happen. The only thing we don't know is the excite "drama" that might happen on the pitch.

Quote:
Originally posted by Kintaro:
connackers, just out of curiosity, why do you want N.Korea to win? Also, why do you feel bad for saying it?
I want N.Korea to win because it annoys me how much Japan looks down its nose at N.Korea. Yet it makes them out to be a big proper team in which they`ll have done something impressive to beat them. Japan is a team that`s all about trying to look good but with little real substance whereas N.Korea has nothing but a lot of passion.

I feel bad about saying it because I think that`s not the real reason I want them to lose. It`s more because I play in an amatuer league against Japanese teams with my team `Gaijin FC` and also do sports club with my JHS soccer club and the Japanese style of football is extremely annoying :p

YAPPON!

That's what the NHK guy just said at the final whistle. Presumably he meant Yatta Nippon! but that's how it came out.

The Japanese fans outside the ground have taken following your team through thick and thin to its logical (and absurd) conclusion. In keeping with football traditions, I hope they were giving it "the referee's a w@nker", "sh!t team, no fans", "Can you hear the Koreans sing? No-oh!No-oh!" and all those other wonderful football ditties.

I was only half-watching it, but of course it was a totally rubbish game - nothing surprising there. The lack of crowd just brought that into focus. They will surely go nowhere in the WC unless they are lucky.

I don't really rate Zico, but the bigger problem is not him but the players and the way football is played in this country. A few decent players, but generally just not very good.

I watched the game and it was alright. I prefered watching that nature special on BS11 that had no talking and about an hour to two of just epic scenery and birds.

Anybody else watch that? Loved it. If only NHK only showed more Discovery Channel programs lol.gif

Yamakashi

If you thought that game was alright, perhaps you should start watching some good quality footie games - you might start really loving the game. That game last night was just boring low quality bollox.