• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am straight as they come as well proudtobegay.

How is it living in Japan being gay? I have a few mates who have friends who are gay but none of my friends are... some straight people seem to know lots of gays but others dont. Wonder why?!

welcome aboard proudtobegay. We have a couple of gay guys on Sno Info who have outed themselves.

How do you find the general population reacts to you outing yourself? I gather from some of what I have read about Japanese society, they can be pretty blinkered about stuff like that and ignore it, almost as if it will go away.

Unlike woywoy, I have noticed recently that a lot of my male friends are gay. Doesn't do any harm for my popularity amongst the girls tho \:D

Raury, i'd have to disagree with you a bit there and say from what i've seen of Japan, the Japanese (and asia generally)are much more at ease with the gay issue than most western cultures. Just look at the number of gay/trannie celebs on TV here!

2 of my 3 brothers recently announced they were playing for the AWAY team which has the old man putting a lot of pressure on me to produce the grandkiddies!!!!! Not to mention my girlfriend has been asking some rather prickly questions!

Gay guys are hot \:D

I think its something to do with the ultimate challenge and maybe something to do with the fact that you can actually have a decent conversation with gay guys and not have to step around all that macho b.s.

They make you feel sexy and arent stingy with compliments, and are a safe bet because you know they will only be tucking you into bed when you are too legless to get yourself there.

Gay guys often have great bods, smell good, look after themselves, are on the look out for the same thing as you and in my experience my gay mates cook the best food.

Yes yes I like my gay mates and Ive got another one arriving in Japan next week! Yeaaaaaaaaaaaah

Hey proudtobegay, hope to see you round more ;\)

I have yet to meet an outed gay person who doesn't spend the whole time talking about being gay, present company included. And it's not a subject I find particularly interesting.

Imagine logging on to a gardening bulletin board as 'proud_to_be_sexually_attracted_to_women'... Doesn't happen.

Hey zwelgen, we should meet up ;\) HOpe I wouldn't disappoint you there.

Good to hear the other comments too folks, good to be here.

Ocean11, I can understand what you're getting at. But don't you come here to find like-minded skiers or snowboarders? Well, I'm just seeking out another community too (in the Off Topic section of this popular forum). Is there much wrong with that then, my friend?

I am not one of those OTT "I'm gay" activist types - far from it. I was just interested to see if there were any other people out there. And lovely ladies like zwelgen, of course ;\)

And, don't feel threatened lovey - after seeing your page and reading many of your messages - -- your not my type. ;\)

Peace to you all!

Zwelgen, you'd like my brothers then.....haven't had a girlfriend yet who hasn't said..."ooooh, they're gorgeous"....quickly followed by accusatory glance my way. Intelligent, very well built, love cooking etc......very bad example for the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally posted by Antonio:
Zwelgen, you'd like my brothers then.....Intelligent, very well built, love cooking etc......very bad example for the rest of us.
Just an idea but why not take some of these things on board? I have no idea what you guys are like but if like Enderzero you struggle to cook more than toast then why not do something about it and woo your lady in the process.

And yes Antonio Id probably like your bros, always nice to have some good "scenery" around ;\)

Antonio,

I see a lot of reports about gay bars getting busted up and people jailed. A lot of that is Korea (where the govt is still in denial). Likewise in areas like the philipines (spelling?).

Trannies seem to be treated slightly different. It is my understanding that until recently (and this will vary according to country) there were no Asian actresses and that a lot of the actors that took females parts may have stayed in character. So maybe there is something in that, or maybe just those in govt like their trannies too.

Sorry if I have completely the wrong idea here, I can only go on what I have read.

somebody please speak to me like i`m a four year old, what`s with all this fuss about gay stuff??? if you`re gay, straight, bent or somethin else, does it really matter?

raury, you `welcomed aboard` somebody just bcos they`re gay. where are all tha `welcome aboard` for all tha non-gays?

zwelgen, `ultimate challenge?`...palleeeeese. is that to say that non-gay guys aren`t up for a challenge. and `macho b.s.` you obviously attract tha wrong types for conversation. and just how insecure are you if you need to be inundated with compliments just to be made to feel sexy? ya might wanna look at your drinking habits too if you need to be tucked into bed after a night out on tha town!`great bods, smell good....` you don`t have to be gay to be a good cook either, ya know? AND, `gay guys are hot` does this mean that straight guys aren`t? `gay guys are hot` even tha fat, balding, smelly, hairy, unbuttoned leather vested ones that go to poor asain countries to exploit `boys`? and if you think they dont exsist, maybe you should get out more often.

and proudtobegay, you don`t even know zwelgen, so you can hardly comment on what type of person she is. also, if ya wanna find/meet like-minded people, i.e. gays, might i suggest tha `blu oyster` as tha place to do it. everytime there`s a comment about opposite persuasions of sexual gender made here, everyone cries "Metropilis this, Metropilis that..." howevvvaa, if its ski,board or slidin that tickles ya fancy precious, then yav come to tha right place!

and before yas all get on ya high horses and call me homophobic, DON`T! i have no problem with any walk, race or religion in life. i just fail to see tha fuss.

in tha words of Jeff Fenech, " I luv yas aaulll"

powwwers, your little piece was very well written and actually quite amusing. Thank you....i enjoyed reading it.

That said, what's the problem with having a gay discussion. So far on the "Not Skiing Board" i believe we've covered topics ranging from the Yakuza to favourite birds, to anecdotes of Japanese life to the study in minute detail of the differences of the X-box and other entertainment machines. So why has a very general, good humoured discussion of things gay got you so worked up.....

There are gross generalisations in many of these threads (see Echineko's thread about people from other countries) so that can't be it.

????

GREAT STUFF!!!

political correctness is just a phrase coined for people who can`t relate to others on a personal level. i do however believe that there`s a time and place for everything. ocean11, get a place ready at tha `not my type` table, and i`ll cook up tha best (non-gay) Thai curry this side o` "The Beach"

antonio, i`m glad you enjoyed me rant. i`m sorry to disappoint you, but i`m not `worked-up`. i just couldn`t let this one go through to the keeper!

i`m all for open discussion on ALL topics, including this one. the X-box vs. PS2 vs. whatever, is legit discussion. uno, pros and cons an that. but being gay/straight/inbetween isn`t. it`s simply a lifestyle choice which shouldn`t matter either way. where`s tha thread "straight"? .....exactly, there isn`t one, because it doesn`t rate. same as "black" or "white", they don`t rate either.

eg: "i wanna buy a tv game. please help me choose?"

"i wanna be gay. what should i do?"

see, it just doesn`t work. confused.gif

and jared, i wanna know who`s posting replys twice, sos i can give `em a good ol` rim-jaw!

rememba, i luv yas aaulll \:\)