• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Come now powwwers, your starting to contradict yourself a little. You say ALL topics are fair ground including this one, then in the next sentence you state it's not an appropriate issue for this site. Also, why aren't racial (black/white i think you called it) issues worthy of discussion....do they make you squeamish?

Yes, we could all stick to talking about our favourite Thai Green Chicken curry recipes but where would the fun be in that.....especially since mine is the best.

uugghhh. antonio, as john lydon once said, " Ya just don`t get."

this topic is fair game, but tha discussion should be about how we SHOULDN`T discuss this topic. it doesn`t make me `sqeamish`, like i said, it just doesn`t rate. same as tha racial/religious one. and i don`t think i`m alone here, bcos if i were, somebody would have already posted topics about being straight, black, white, catholic .....

here`s a challenge for ya antonio, start a topic about racial backgrounds, or, religious persuassions, and see what kinda can a worms ya open up eek.gif

you`ll soon learn WHY they are not worthy of discussion here. just like this topic!!! ...maybe that`s why bars were invented...

The whole "gay men are better cooks, have better bodies, can relate to women better, dress better, smell better etc" is about as true as "all straight men like to shower together and pour beer down their pants".

It's really a case of whether you're a man's man or your own man. The fact that many men are terrified of showering with, or pulling open their pants to allow entry of amber nectar in front of gay men mean that most opt to travel a path different to that of male groupism. There are, however, a large population of non-gay men who also dress well, cook and have great bodies, and, believe it or not, can relate to women.

I remember years ago, a black politician in America was elected to a certain office (err, bit hazy on the details, sorry...).

He was interviewed and asked "so how does it feel to be the first black man to be elected to this office? Do you think equality has arrived?"

His reply? "Equality will have arrived when your skin colour doesn`t even rate a mention".

I think powwwers may be alludign to something along these lines (correct me if I`m wrong!) - that true equality can only exist when our differences aren`t even worth noting. I can see his point to some extent, and Ocean, I too know what you mean about gay people talking about nothing else except their sexuality. When I first saw this thread I thought it would be odd for a straight person to ask the same question - so whay should a gay person do it?

Well, i think I know why - everyone is different for more reasons than thier sexuality - we all use different ski/board equipment, we live in different places, we coem from different countries, listen to different music, have different religions, etc. Speaking openly about our differences, and being tolerant of others who do this, is what makes for a tolerant and harmonious society. It even makes society interesting, god knows I`d be bored senseless if everyone was like me. Bugger it, in a land of free speech, if someone wants to say they worship Satan, or even worse - skis on a monoski - then thats fine with me. This is an Off Topic discussion forum, and I reckon anything goes.

hem now - off to practice his cooking

As for should we be discussing it, PROUNDTOBEGAY was only asking about the presence of likeminded members (sorry). I have no objection to a Catholic wanting to meet up with those of a similar faith/lifestyle, so there's no issue here. If the topic was Gay, right or wrong, then that would be another issue altogether.

I think recent responses should tell you something powwwers....its you who aint gettin it mate.

If you don't want to talk about it or consider it a non-issue, fine. But don't suppose to tell me or the rest of us what is and isn't a reasonable issue for discussion. Is that simple enough for you?

Well not quite. The handle 'proudtobegay' will always be an affront to some people, just as 'echineko' is an affront to some others.

Personally I think it's offensive that somebody should come onto a board and with scarcely a single nod in the direction of the subject, start asking what kind of sex we all like. I don't even know what kind of equipment our homosexual friend uses for his sport, but I do know that he fancies blokes (but not me). All of which I might be interested to know if I actually had some acquaintance with him, but as I haven't, I don't.

Ocean, I see where you`re going, but I disagree with one thing.

Many topics on the ski page do not interest me. So, I do not participate. It doesn`t mean the topic shouldn`t be there.

This is the same, huh? I, like you, couldn`t give two hoots who bats for what team - but I respect the right for others to have this conversation.

This is like a big party with heaps of conversations all happening at once - anyone should be able to talk about anything, and if we don`t like the conversation, we are welcome to move to another part of the room and chat to someone else.

Cheers,

hem now

Ocean, if you find it offensive, that's fine. Many of us here however don't and are just as comfortable talking about growing spinach as we are talking and joking about our sexuality.

Time to quit for now and bugger off for a swim ;\)

By the way, you didn't go to a boarding school did you Ocean?

hem now, I agree that I can refrain from participating in threads that don't interest me (as indeed I do), but as a resident of this site, certain aspects of other partipant's behaviour do concern me.

As I mentioned above, it's hard to ignore certain handles, and they might appear in any thread. And when they do, they'll annoy some people because of their sexual content, inappropriate on a bulletin board about winter sports. It's easier to be tolerant if one's tolerance isn't constantly tested.

And BTW, zwelgen, I wonder how highly you'd rate the sophistication of any straight blokes on here if occasionally they added the aside 'And don't worry sweetheart, you're not my type' when you had anything serious to say.

Antonio, I talk about that sort of things with my friends and don't generally go about asking complete strangers personal questions.

And no, I went to a state grammar school and find inhibited public school boys very funny (like my ex-colleague who all but climbs into the urinal to hide his tackle thinking everybody is trying to cop a peek...)

Ocean, I agree with your first point.

there also seem to be alot of crew here saying " I like gays, i am friends of gays , i have a friend of a friend who is gay" maybe it make them think that they are better people for stating that they are GAY Friendly??

OK I have changed my handle from "proudtobegay" to "21C", to please all here.

I agree Mr Ocean seems to often contradict himself on this forum, but thats ok with me. And rather confrontational, which again is not my style. Peace.

By the way, I have skied since 3 years ago and this season I am also trying to board for the first time.

Peace to you all, my friends.

Quote:
(like my ex-colleague who all but climbs into the urinal to hide his tackle thinking everybody is trying to cop a peek...)
still its a little strange when children in the loos are very obviously trying to see if the forgner is built the same as dad.
 Quote:
'proudtobegay' will always be an affront to some people, just as 'echineko' is an affront to some others.
I already knew the cat part but after I had a little sesh with the dictionary I still dont have any clues on the echi part? any one want to fill in the japanese impared. ( if its printable, the quote above has got my mind racing to all sorts of conclusions)

OMG what a can of worms my comment opened! Maybe I just hang out with extremely ferral guys, maybe they are all pretty useless and maybe not many of them have the "I put on cologne" aroma that I love but that doesnt mean that all straight guys are like that!? I was just saying of the gay people that I know and that I enjoy spending time with they generally smell good, cook good, look good and treat me a lot better than my aforementioned straight ones. Maybe its just the individuals I know but maybe not too. I live in big time inaka Japan and there arent that many foreigners let alone gay foreigners, but if I delve back into my pre-japan days to my mates back home that just happen to be gay, I really enjoyed spending time with them for the above reasons.

And Powwers...

No its not that straight guys arent up for a challenge but uh, I like the chase and obviously straight guys are a hulluva lot easier to pull than gay guys, naturally. Not saying that straight guys are "easy" just that you usually get them or give up, not the joking inuendos to make each other laugh.

And with the macho b.s. maybe I do attract the wrong types for conversation, maybe thats why Im single? Its just a lot easier to have a heart to heart with gay mates than the straight ones.

as for "and just how insecure are you if you need to be inundated with compliments just to be made to feel sexy?" you arent a gaijin female in Japan, ask any foreign lady the last time she got asked out on a date, the last time a guy paid her a compliment and the last time she didnt feel like a heifer because she couldnt fit into the L trousers... this country can beat the self esteem outta ya - I went to Hawaii for a week this time last year and was blown away by people buying me drinks and chatting me up, you forget that youve still " got it". Not a sob story but just something you guys dont experience out here like us ladies do Im thinking.

As for my drinking habits..? What you never get wasted? ha ha ha \:\)

Im just saying I like guys that I can talk to easily, guys that look good (obviously) guys that arent useless and can cook (for example) and the thrill of the chase has to be up there just under the thrill of sliding this powder thats DUMPING here at the moment. And Im sitting here writing this crap. Ahh powwers dont feel threatened, I love straight guys through and through but gay guys make fantastic friends for women.

Originally posted by zwelgen:

[QB]you arent a gaijin female in Japan, ask any foreign lady the last time she got asked out on a date, the last time a guy paid her a compliment and the last time she didnt feel like a heifer because she couldnt fit into the L trousers... this country can beat the self esteem outta ya -

word on that. it's really hard living in this country as a single female. especially when all the gaijin guys have swarms of japanese girls wanting to date them and you only get hit on (or rather harassed and groped) by old drunken salarymen.

and really what's wrong with showing that you are gay-friendly? there have been some posts that could discourage people (gay and straight) from the site because they are gay-unfriendly (ie on the SJ shout-out, the suggestion of "are you queer" - what was that all about??). if i was new to this site an saw misogynist postings and then realized i was the only female, i wouldnt stay for long. i think complimenting gays (to demonstrate yes, there are gay-friendly members)and welcoming people aboard (as has been done when other newbies admit their first post) just makes this environment for comfortable.

Quote:
there also seem to be alot of crew here saying " I like gays, i am friends of gays , i have a friend of a friend who is gay" maybe it make them think that they are better people for stating that they are GAY Friendly??
What a load of ridiculous trollop! Do you really believe that? Why on earth would someone do that?

I said I have a gay friend because - shock horror - he is my friend and he is gay. And I have known him since I was 10 years old.

He is also popular with the ladies by the way, for exactly the same reasons as zwelgen has laid out.
 Quote:
Originally posted by nekobi:
all the gaijin guys have swarms of japanese girls wanting to date them
Is this true? I just got struck with a major dose of jealously. Should I move there right now?...Probably not because as a Chinese I won't qualify to "look" like a gaijin. Shucks!

Speaking generally, it is nowhere near as true as many guys would like to think. Or would admit. And the girls probably exaggerate from what they see.

Quote:
Originally posted by powwwers:
raury, you `welcomed aboard` somebody just bcos they`re gay. where are all tha `welcome aboard` for all tha non-gays?
Um, no. I welcomed aboard 21C because I noticed that he was a newbie, not because he is gay. I would do the same for someone else who had posted that they had just joined, assuming that I noticed the thread.

To be honest, I did welcome him because he professed to be gay. I am neither pro nor anti gay but I respect their rights. I usually like to welcome new members who appear quite different from the majority of us here to encourage their participation and add diversity to this forum.

Quote:
Originally posted by nekobi:
Originally posted by zwelgen:
you arent a gaijin female in Japan, ask any foreign lady the last time she got asked out on a date, the last time a guy paid her a compliment and the last time she didnt feel like a heifer because she couldnt fit into the L trousers....
Whats up with those gaijin chicks?
Its alright to treat us guys like crap at home and let us pay for their drinks and leave us with nothing, but they come here and complain that no one loves them???

love it... enjoy ladies!!