... create a new WMD to act as a deterrent ... sell or give it to a 'new buddy', that buddy becomes an 'axis of evil' 20 years later ... WOW, like THAT WAS F*#@ING SMART!! (A.K.A US, UK, Russia, et all, historical notes.)

Perhaps that current thread regarding ski exercise regimes and the people disin' the body builder relates to this ... i.e. NK needs WMD 'cause they're impotent?!!

Just hope their deployment systems fail and their nuke lands in China = NK will glow for a hundred years! (That goes for India and Pakistan too)

As for the 'US are hipocrites' type threads, well, there's a damn lot of historical evidence to support it ... every nation is guilty of this international politicing - it's just that the US don't seem to realise that they can't simply take their ball home in a huff ... they share this planet and better wake up to the fact that their dealings (covert or otherwise) affects us all.

Pathetic Little Boys And Their Pathetically Inadequate Toys!

Where's the Ghandi's and Mandela's when you need 'em?

SZ.

true story.

Foes of french fries

February 27 2003

A county official in Florida has requested a resolution that would change the name of the American food staple known as french fries to freedom fries or American fries.

Commissioner Burt Aaronson is upset with France's reluctance to back a US-led war with Iraq and wants the name changed in Palm Beach County.

Aaronson, 75, said he was inspired by a restaurant owner in Beaufort, North Carolina, who changed the name to freedom fries on his menu.

Aaronson already had said he would seek to block a subsidiary of the French company Vivendi Environmental from getting a $US25 million ($A41.3 million) government contract to build a sludge treatment plant.

Aaronson, like France, says inspectors need more time to look for banned weapons and hopes for a peaceful resolution to the conflict.

But he said he does not like France's unwillingness to go along with the US threat to attack Iraq.

"American lives were (lost) all through France thorough two world wars," Aaronson said.

"This is another little thing to say to the French government 'wake up'."

The suggestion met no resistance at a commission meeting, although some commissioners had already left.

County Administrator Bob Weisman was directed to prepare an official resolution, which would not be binding and could be ready by March 11.

"We'll declare that all the potatoes previously called French fries in our county will now be called freedom fries or American fries," Weisman said.

Some local restaurant employees derided the move.

Ingrid Paoletti, a waitress and manager at Ellies '50s Diner in Delray Beach, described the discussion as silly.

"I understand the backlash we're having, but to change every menu in every restaurant, that's a little ridiculous," she said.

"There are a lot more things to be concerned about than whether French fries should be freedom fries."

I was watching on the French President on TV last night. He was explaining how the French people are opposed to war of all kinds and therefore had no choice but to veto the US/UK/Spain resolution on Iraq. After reading the following item from another forum, I completely understand the French position on war:

The History of the French Military:

Gallic Wars - Lost. In a war whose ending foreshadows the next 2000 years of French history, France is conquered by of all things, an Italian.

Hundred Years War - Mostly lost, saved at last by female schizophrenic who inadvertently creates The First Rule of French Warfare; "France's

armies are victorious only when not led by a Frenchman."

Italian Wars - Lost. France becomes the first and only country to ever lose two wars when fighting Italians.

Wars of Religion - France goes 0-5-4 against the Huguenots

Thirty Years War - France is technically not a participant, but manages to get invaded anyway. Claims a tie on the basis that eventually the other participants started ignoring her.

War of Devolution - Tied. Frenchmen take to wearing red flowerpots as chapeaux.

The Dutch War - Tied

War of the Augsburg League/King William's War/French and Indian War Lost, but claimed as a tie. Three ties in a row induces deluded Frogophiles the world over to label the period as the height of French military power.

War of the Spanish Succession - Lost. The War also gave the French their first taste of a Marlborough, which they have loved every since.

American Revolution - In a move that will become quite familiar to future Americans, France claims a win even though the English colonists saw

far more action. This is later known as "de Gaulle Syndrome", and leads to the Second Rule of French Warfare; "France only wins when America does most of the fighting."

French Revolution - Won, primarily due the fact that the opponent was also French.

The Napoleonic Wars - Lost. Temporary victories (remember the First Rule!) due to leadership of a Corsican, who ended up being no match for a

British footwear designer.

The Franco-Prussian War - Lost. Germany first plays the role of drunk Frat boy to France's ugly girl home alone on a Saturday night.

World War I - Tied and on the way to losing, France is saved by the United States. Thousands of French women find out what it's like to not only sleep with a winner, but one who doesn't call her "Fraulein." Sadly, widespread use of condoms by American forces forestalls any improvement in the French bloodline.

World War II - Lost. Conquered French liberated by the United States and Britain just as they finish learning the Horst Wessel Song.

War in Indochina - Lost. French forces plead sickness, take to bed with the Dien Bien Flu

Algerian Rebellion - Lost. Loss marks the first defeat of a western army by a Non-Turkic Muslim force since the Crusades, and produces the First

Rule of Muslim Warfare; "We can always beat the French."

This rule is identical to the First Rules of the Italians, Russians, Germans, English, Dutch,

Spanish, Vietnamese and Esquimaux.

War on Terrorism - France, keeping in mind its recent history, surrenders to Germans and Muslims just to be safe. Attempts to surrender to

Vietnamese ambassador fail after he takes refuge in a McDonald's.

The question for any country silly enough to count on the French should not be "Can we count on the French?", but rather "How long until France collapses?"

Current events:

Today Feb 14 on MSNBC Squawk Box, Mark Haynes makes the statement when talking about American Foreign Policy "Why should we let American

foreign policy be dictated by a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys"

Same day I see on the Simpsons Homer Simpson dressed up to look like a Frenchman talking to a class of children with a very bad aaceent say

"The French are just a a bunch of cheese eating surrender monkeys"

Silly french.

perhaps they have learnt that war and death and blood and gore are not worth it, particularly when you are not so good at fighting. As an alternative they choose peace and not being the target of 1000 Bin Ladens over the next 100 years.

By the way:

Vietnam War - USA had their asses kicked.

Gulf War - USA failed in the objective.

War on Terror - Pakastan will catch Bin Laden. The USA have failed.

now now db - don't shoot the messenger - I didn't write that stuff - just reposted it here cause I thought it was funny.

I don't really want to turn your comments into a long drawn out series of posts about who did what so I will simpy say:

Yes - Technically, the US "lost" in Vietnam

You're wrong - the UN OBJECTIVE was to boot the Iraqis from Kuwait and thats what THE COALITION did.

The US doesn't have autonomous operational authority within Pakistan and doesn't want it. The Pakistani's appear to be doing just fine so why would we want to interfere with that? The US has always said this is a "world problem" so if Pakistan or any other country catches a known terrorist, thats good - The US can't do it alone. As far as I'm concerned, I don't give a rats ass who catches Bin Laden as long as he's caught.

ray - sorry, I was just messing around. I stand corrected on the Desert Storm operation. It was actually the UN that subsequently failed to disarm Iraq (which is why they are there again).

No apology needed mate. Obviously a touchy subject. I figured my post is bound to rile up a few folks but the intent is to draw a few laughs the same as satirical cartoons do...

But I'm serious - I really do understand why the French don't want to fight now. Though I think that maybe a few "Made in France" stickers might be found here and there in Iraq might have something to do with it too. ;\)