I'm just worried that this whole war carp is going to bring us some very nasty surprises in the coming days/months...ditto future.

Just wanted to say that.

I watched "The Sum of All Fears" last night on DVD. You talk about horrific - that is my worst fear, that a terrorist will get a hold of a nuke.

But your right - depending on how things go with Israel, this situation has the possibility of expanding...

It's one nasty can of worms which will create far more problems than solutions. The only thing that pleases me about the whole situation is that my country's government has had the good sense not to join in the trampling of the UN and the assured death of thousands of innocent civilians.

I'm pretty freaked about the whole thing...

The ish is gonna hit the fan in less than 2 days, but I think the only good thing that could come out of this would be that american people get so fed up with their government hitting rockbottom moral lows that it'll stir fundamental change. (im always an optimist but.... there's always a chance)

Ray - I saw The Sum Of All Fears about a month ago. It really got me thinking abotu how quickly things can get out of hand. Scary stuff really.

I'm not looking forward to the war, but I'm not really worried about it. Worrying about it isn't going to help. Just enjoy your days, you never know how far this war could go. Saddam and Bush are both pretty crazy people.

Plus, there is that killer illness flu type thing going around the globe at the moment.

Not very happy times!

\:\(

Quote:
Originally posted by snowboard_freak:

Plus, there is that killer illness flu type thing going around the globe at the moment.

Not very happy times!
\:\(
i read somewhere that you cant get on a outgoing plane from singapore with a cold unless you have a doctors note.

I know Cathay Pacific are now refusing to board anyone who has "flu like symptons". I think a couple of other airlines are taking the same approach as well.

But, it seems to be too late as there have been cases in most continents. We have had a couple of cases over here int he last couple of days. Asia has had a whole heap. Canada and Europe have also had a couple of cases. Seems like Africa is the "safe" place at the moment. ;\)

I read an article recently about Nth Korea and the author thought that Nth Korea was just rattling its sabres so to speak. They needed food and a bit of respect (or fear as it is) and both Sth Korea and the US agreed to give them some food and a bit of respect and now theyre quiet again. But more than Iraq Nth Korea scares the crap out of me eek.gif .

The North tends to rattle sabers quite a bit but they actually practice more terrorism than Iraq does. It doesn't get much publicity because: A - its primary target is South Korea, and B - a large part of the world doesn't care about either country. They have come to the brink of breaking the armistace many times, but cooler heads have prevailed. I wish the North would simply realize its form of government is outdated and then the north and south could reunite peacefully. Awful tough though for the NK to give up power though...