All the time for us too - and we go to karoke places a lot too. I pretty much suck but Momo is actually pretty talented and gets a standing ovation wherever she sings. I keep trying to get her to make a CD so I can retire and live the good life but she says shes too old...

I cant whistle and it makes me sad sometimes \:\( My neighbour over the back fence in NZ could whislte so sweetly, trilling the notes and whenever he was working his garden and I was sitting outside the tune used to float over. Id really like to be able to whistle but no matter what I try it doesnt work \:\(

zwelgen, there is hope for you yet!

I only used to be able to whistle through my teeth, which doesn't make a good sound. I could never whistle through my lips.

Then at a flea market I bought a shakuhachi sort of flute thing for 500 yen. I tried and tried to play the damn thing with no success. But with all the lip puckering involved, I suddenly found I was whistling although I wasn't playing the flute. So I threw the flute into my closet and have whistled happily ever since. I even snowboard and whistle.