Anyone else watch the Real / ManU game yestday. Great entertainment, not sure what Fergies thinking with a few of his players, but great game to watch.

Back to the Premiership....who's going to win?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game, there could have been 5 more goals in there. Wow.

I'm afraid Becks might be on the verge of a move.... Don't do it \:\(

Good article that one in `the Sun`, if its true!

imagine tha size of those guys EGOS.

tha premiership? `go tha Gunners`

hey, does anyone know if there`s a bar in Tokyo thats showing the F.A. Cup final live? would luv ta go. \:\)

theres a sports bar in shibuya, it has tons of tvs. however, i went in there on the day of the man utd vs liverpool game and they didnt even know it was on!!! they ahd a big advert for the other game that day (something crud like charlton vs tottenham) - AMATEURS!!! We went to a british pub instead.

Anyway, I am rooting for man utd for the title.

Cant believe fergie left becks out of the real madrid game! he really showed fergie up though when he came on and scored two. I cant see that guy leaving man utd, man utd need him too much commercially (and possibly vice versa to some extent). I wonder what fergie has got against him (if anything) - to me his a model footballer, even if he is totaly poser. he does the business on the pitch and is a good ambassador for the sport (discpline wise). I can understand fergire hating Dwight Yorke for his womanizing ways and that, but Becks? Come on!

cheers for tha info booby12. shibuya hey?

i tend to agree with what ya said. i dont rekon he`ll leave man. u. either. i`l even go so far as to say that fergie will go before becks does- david`s just worth too much to tha club.

he`s deff. a poser! (which i personaly dont go for), but so what, there`s worse things in life. footballers are on a par with rock stars. i mean, how could they NOT be sooo out their after all the attention they get/want/attract/deserve.

then there`s the old school, i.e. `fergie` and the so-called establishment, that want to preserve the values that `used` to be what football was all about. its ya basic `two-edged sword`, and in the end, it`s $$$ MONEY $$$ that wins out.

and becks is just worth too much to man. u.

could b rong, it`s just a thought. cool.gif

I don't really want Becks to bugger off to Spain (I want him to transfer to the red part of Merseyside), but I really think he is going to go.

He is clearly not happy recently, and the love affair seems to be definitely on the rocks, and Fergie seems to be making a point that Becks doesn't want to hear by leaving him out of the biggest games of the season. Like someone else said on another footie forum, can you really imagine Fergs leaving a fit VanN, Keane or Ferds out of the starting line up???

And the shops are nicer in Madrid too.

I might be wrong, and hope I am.

Can someone explain transfer fees to me? Like, if Beckham went to Real Madrid for $30, does that include his salary - and how much of that is salary???

confused.gif

EDITED >>> (oops I mean $30 MILLION! but I thought I'd leave it like it was for the laughs!)

$30 million!? Try £35 million which is about $50 million +. He will then want a salary of about £8 million, if todays Daily Mail is to believed (I lied I'm not YET in Osaka!) plus he'd probably get a signing on fee of about £1 or 2 million!

The problem is he's just signed a new contract for Man Utd worth £100,000 a week so Real would have to top that!

But being as they've bought Figo, Zidane and Ronaldo for a combined fee of about £130 million (in the last three years) exclusive of their HUGE eek.gif salaries I should think they are THE ONLY team capable of getting Goldenballs to move!!

This is funny I read somewhere else

-----------------------------

And what about Beckham, do you think he'll stay or go?

Do you know, I don't give a monkeys. If he does go to Madrid he might end up like McManaman - on the bench all the time.

I get fed up with these trailers featuring McManaman every time Madrid play an English club.

He'll say: "The squad's really confident and we're really up for it."

Then they'll say: "So what did you do this week, Steve?" And he'll say: "Well, I did a bit of shopping, learnt a new tapas recipe..."

And they'll say: "Did you do any training?" and he'll say: "No, not really."

Macca must have had the shock of his life when the manager told him he was playing.

I bet he'd arranged to meet some friends for the evening while he was in the country.

But I do think Beckham could end up like that if he's not careful, particularly with Figo there.

Ferguson made his point, although personally I thought it was a bit daft to put Veron on instead of Beckham.

Steve Macmanaman is waste of space, he's been sitting on the bench for so long his ass is riddled with splinters! You'd think he'd have more ambition to play for England, but he seems happy to collect his massive wages for doing nowt!

Oh and for all of you guys that a familiar with 'Big' Ron Atkinson he surpassed himself in the PC stakes this week during the Utd vs Real match.

"There's more Pasta than Paella in the semi's..."

Referring to 3 Italian and 1 Spanish team(s) in the semi's!

Mr Matthews...were you watching the same game? Of all the supposed English talent on show the other night, Mcmanaman was the only one who showed any half decent first touch, probably because he is at Real. Most of the english Man u players spent half the time scurrying after the ball when it bobbled off their shins. They may be the best in the premiership but they were outclassed. Mcmanaman may be sitting on the bench collecting a fat wage but it seems to have made him a better footballer. Beckham should go - maybe at Real he will learn how to use his left foot.....

Outclassed though they won 4-3?

I admit they were well beaten in the first leg.

What I'm saying is that if he really wanted to play for his country he'd be getting regular football somewhere else rather than benching all the time, that was his first start since something like November!?

talisker, more like were you watching the game?

Remember Man U won.....and there were chances for many more goals.

The Mancs were outclassed in the first leg, but not the other night.

Great game to watch.

Hope Arsenal get beaten tonight. Slim chance perhaps but... :p

McManaman, like several others, always gets stuck out of position on the left for England. I don't think it's lack of ambition. Unless Beckham moves to the middle, most attacking right-footed players haven't got much of a hope.