I love dogs! I have a pooch here in Japan! A black lab, she cant live with us as we live in a mansion, but she lives at my inlaws which is 5 mins away. Anyone else lucky enough to have a dog in Japan or back home?

what kind of dogs do you like? I like Labs, Boxers, shepards and setters, I would like to get an Irish Setter someday.

Having a dog like everything else is TAKAI! in Japan, the local vet just stung me today for 20000yen! for a couple of visits, some medicine and an injection!!!

I like the foxy little Japanese dogs too. They have a lot of character. But any dog will do.

I hate it when people put those horrible ribbons on little dog's ears. That's not what dogs are about. mad.gif Even little dogs can be cool, if they don't have trashy baubles fixed to them.

I have a japanese mix pooch in Okinawa - didn't bring her up here cause I was tired of her long hair shedding and getting all over the place, so I gave her to Momo's mom and they're loving her. Even taught her to understand japanese.

Up here in Misawa, there are a lot of Bull Mastiffs. HUGE dogs! They weight about 100Kg! Last year, I'd go out running at 5am (the sun is up at 4am up north here in the summer) and the local yakuza gopher boys would be out "running" their bosses Bull Mastiffs by tying their leashes to the side of a small truck and then driving slowly to exercise them. Very nice looking animals. When leave here and head back to Okinawa some day, I want to take one back with me.

We have the coolest Shizu in town-a great little dog which is super friendly. Ocean I'm with you on the ribbons, it took a bit of insisting to get them removed from her head. Now she kind of looks like a miniture English sheep dog with a curly tail. Want to get a bigger dog when we move back home.

I have an American Cocker Spaniel. He lives with me... it is why I rented a house rather than an apartment. I keep his hair short. He is not like the dicky over-groomed variety.

I like dogs well enough, but I really only like my dog a lot. He is not even a dog to me.

I wouldnt fmind a golden retriever or the japanese dogs. I was brought up with small dogs.

The problem with dogs is that you get so attached and they can only live so long. My mom and Dad were crushed when they had to put down are dog. I really dont like the felling of loss.

How about Fang in the second Harry Potter movie? He's an awesome specimen too. Love to have a dog like him. I also like Poms but Momo thinks they are squeeky and won't let me get one.

Anyone ever have a pet Chinchila? There are a ton of them in the pet stores up here...look cuddly as hell but I have my doubts about the kind of pet they'd be.

I have a 1/2 pitbull, 1/2 lab. Love the guy. He's like my brother. I take him to the beach surfing with me all the time. I surf, he barks at me. Here is him after a long bird chase. (Ray, this is just south of ripsaw)

l37357.jpg

I couldn't live without him.

Some people are goign to scream at me for this, but I got myself (actually me and my lady) a mini dax.

He's only been wih me a week and a bit, and is a solid pooh machine, but is incredibly cute.

Anyone got any tips on trianing the wee guy. I want him to become a beach and mountain freindly dog as weel as toilet trained.

Dogs have to be intelligent. Nothing worse than a stupid dog who barks all the time and never does what their owner tells them. Our next door neighbour's dog barks at us every time we walk up our front stairs. Its as if we have balaclavas, crowbars and a tranquiliser gun to shoot it with! Our next door neighbour told us years ago they got it after they got burgaled as a "guard dog" but if it even barks at our neighbour's kids when they come to visit then I dont really believe it is a "guard dog". Dogs need the right balance of love and discipline and then they are great companions and pets. Just my 2 cents as a non-dog-owner.