Disappointing albums by bands you like

I was shocked when I first heard "Monster" by REM, it being a steamily pile of shite after such goods as Out of Time and Automatic.

I'm interested to hear of other horrors from otherwise fave bands.

Anything after The Bends by Radiohead, self indulgent tripe, but I might give their new one a run..

The Stereophonics anything after Bartender and the Thief....

Oasis after Definatley Maybe...

the list goes on!

I am actually slighty disappointed by the new Deftones album. I am slowly getting into it, but i would much prefer if it were heavier. I still think that their best album is "Around The Fur". Plus the cover is sweet! \:D

I love pretty much every song on that album and "Shove It" has got to be one of my favourite songs.

Anything after "Melon Collie and the Infinite Sadness" by the Smashing Pumpkins was pretty darn average as well.

"Chocolate Starfish and the Hotdog Flavoured Water" was also a disappointment by Limp Bizkit.

Sprung Monkey's best album was "Situation Life". "Mr Funny Face" has some decent tracks but doesn't hold a candle to the previous release.

But the worst ever has to be Incubus. Their last album was shocking. Terrible stuff. "S.C.I.E.N.C.E" was by far their best album. "Morning View" (their last) is just pop crap basically. "Make Yourself" is in between the two albums - has some good stuff and some average stuff.

Well thats some of the ones off the top of my head.

\:\)

I have to totally disagree with you S_F about the new Deftones album. I think it is damn awesome! And while we are on the subject, while Morning View is definitely a change of styles for Incubus, I think it is progression and I love it!

I hate to admit it amandaism, but I have to agree with you about the Cornell solo album. I never find myself popping that one in the stereo.

I got really into Blind Melon a few years back based on their first self-titled album. I wasn't impressed with their second album "Soup" and I was damn disappointed when I went out found their 3rd (posthumous) album "Nico."

A big let down was what happened to Creed. I dug their first album and actually saw them on a very early tour where Scott Stapp just stood on stage with his head down and sung is heart out. Then the popularity hit and he became a megalomaniac. The next time I saw them he had a 30 foot catwalk he would run out on to and choreographed moves. Oh, and everything he made after My Own Prison sucked.

Don't get me wrong ender i do like the new Deftones album and have been listening to it heaps since i got it, but its not 100% what i was hoping for. It's a good album, but not as good as "Around The Fur".

"Morning View" sounded too poppy for my liking.

Going back ages now back in the 80s.... one of my fave albums was The Hurting by Tears For Fears - great moody electronic sounding broody record. Not too poppy.

I remember being so upset when they went all completely mainstreamy pop after that initial album.

I still love The Hurting, lots of memories, great CD \:\)