Quote:
million yen job??
Nope, less than half that (I have a friend!)

Quote:
60 inches of pulsing plasm action??
Nope, 42.

Quote:
that will surely make watching japanese variety quiz shows more rewarding
Nope, don't watch the crap. Watch movies, DVDs, satellite.

And it all looks wonderful!
\:D cool.gif

----

IceEiji - got a bloody fantastic deal on it, along with a HDD/DVD recorder.

Dont like the Sonys, if you compare the screens ina shop the Sony is not as good as others. Sharp and Panasonic seem good at first sight.

GG you lucky man it must be sweet to have a cool set like that, nice one buddy enjoy!

It's the Sony, yeah.

Couse I compared them all next to each other looking at exactly the same hivision channels and stuff - and that was the choice I made! Looked like the winner to me.

It's massive, but tres cool and an amazing pic when its a hivision broadcast.

gg.

Tell me, with those new HDD/DVD recorder things, are there any restrictions on what you can record? I heard that some things you can't record (which seems pretty useless).

There are indeed it seems.

I'm not completely sure about all this myself yet (so much to learn!) but it seems that lots of Digital WOWOW and movies on Sky Perfect etc are "copy control"(led). Seems that you can record to the HDD just once (not that you'd want it more than once). Also seems that you can record that onto a DVD - but that DVD will only work on that machine (ie the DVD you make won't work on other DVD players).

I might be wrong but that seems to be what the guide books are telling me (in confusing JapanesE).