OK, who here bows - either to a lesser or greater extent? Do you bow a bit as a reflex when everyone else is? On the phone? In the car? eek.gif

Whats your stance on bowing?

I try not too coz I feel a complete fool, but sometimes find myself succumbing to it all

Actually, and not surprisingly, large numbers of babies are crushed and killed in precisely that manner. The police presented stats on it at the local playschool and urged mothers not to do it. So they all stopped. For exactly one day.

Bowing can look very good when done properly, once. I like to give my clients a good bow when I meet and part with them. But that 'little red robin came bob bob bobbing along' style of bowing just makes me want to kill.

And bobbing in a car when I give way to somebody makes me want to annihilate.

i've definitely taken up doing little bows (though that the bobbing you hate, O11). it's a good way to communicate your appreciation for something, esp if you're travelling and don't speak the language.

I nod, but then again I always have, as a way of acknowledging, registration etc.

Also I have the strange kiwi habit of winking while slighty turning my head and making a clicking sound in the back of my mouth.

I dont know if its common in other western countries but it freaks out the J crew bigtime errr.gif

Quote:
Also I have the strange kiwi habit of winking while slighty turning my head and making a clicking sound in the back of my mouth.
Sure it freaks other people out too! ;\)

I've caught myself doing a bit of a bow once or twice, but anything deep you can forget it - just can't do it.

Osteoporosis?

A salesman from BB Japan came to visit me today, and he kept calling me 'sensei', and he bowed for about 10 minutes on the basis of some encouraging noises I made. Just as I thought he was done bowing, I went to shut the door and nearly caught his head in it - the old goose had started a whole 'nother series!

• 2 weeks later...