Interesting site here about UFOs. Called 'UFO skeptic', the scientific gentleman that wrote it sounds thoroughly convinced.

I'm off for my run across the darkened golf course, and if I'm not back on here tomorrow, I'll see y'all on the other side of the membrane.

Good site that one Ocean. Cheers.

Some of the arguments and theories are quite interesting. Although i had to re-read some of it. Pretty confusing stuff.

The cases are very interesting indeed. I thoroughly enjoyed those. It is good to read some cases by some "reputable" sources. Case 3 is a pretty amazing one.

Well I made it across the pitch-black golf course with the stars and mars spread out above me, and having immersed myself in that site for a good hour beforehand, I'll admit to being just a bit freaked out.

I particularly liked this quote from 'a well placed, highly educated, former intelligence officer who at several points in his long career with one of the agencies had been briefed and asked to assist in evaluation of certain UFO material'

"The elite involved in the black programs are among the smartest people on the planet, but even so remain deeply puzzled by much of what they've learned. They tend to regard the public with disdain, like undisciplined and unruly children incapable of handling information of extraordinary complexity. While officially supporting democracy, the black program elite in reality espouse a kind of benevolent dictatorship or enlightened oligarchy by those, such as themselves, who have earned the right to know and to make decisions in the best interest of civilization, to which the ordinary person, being lazy and easily distracted, is not motivated or qualified to contribute anyway. The average American cares more about the Super Bowl than about life elsewhere in the Universe. The intellectual mentors of those with clout and power are Plato and Machiavelli, not Aristotle and Jefferson. Over the past 50 years, the highest courts have accepted and upheld the precedence of national security over the First and Fourth Amendments. So even if the public wanted to know, that would not constitute a legal need or right to know. The elite are doing their patriotic duty by trying to control the situation within the established rules of national security."

So put that in your pipe and smoke it.

That's one of the easier to understand passages in the site, eh?

Scientists Say Universe May Be Soccer-Ball Shaped

LONDON (Reuters) - Scientists said Wednesday the universe could be spherical and patched together like a soccer ball -- and it may not be infinite.

Jeffrey Weeks, a MacArthur Fellow based in Canton, New York, and researchers from the University of Paris and Observatory of Paris analyzed astronomical data which suggests the universe is finite and made of curved pentagons joined together into a ball.

In research reported in the science journal Nature on Wednesday, the scientists said data from NASA (news - web sites)'s Wilkinson Microwave Anisotrophy Probe (WMAP), which maps background radiation left over from the Big Bang, is not consistent with an infinite universe. "Since antiquity, humans have wondered whether our universe is finite or infinite. Now, after more than two millennia of speculation, observational data might finally settle the ancient question," Weeks said.

In a commentary on the research, George Ellis of the University of Cape Town in South Africa, said if Weeks and his colleagues are correct we might indeed live in a small, closed universe.

I knew it! I just knew it! It had to be the case - that's why everybody loves football, whether they know it or not. It's a fundamental aspect of our being! UFOs are probably just traveling football stadiums looking for a home.

(Thank God it's Friday. What a short but intensely horrible week!)

shiii-iiite... It's hard enough to get one's head around the idea of infinity, now they're saying it's finite, what's after it? where? how?

The answer to that one is most definitely found at the bottom of a very large keg of beer...

These people are like the goddamn weather forecast people! They're not at all apologetic about having misled you in all seriousness and with a straight face. Next time they'll be saying that you can see the stitching, but in fact the seams are more baseball shaped. mad.gif

What do these scumbags really know?!

Interesting indeed. I was having a discussion with someone the other day about the universe and all that. Seems its a whole different ball game now.

miteyak i want to know the answer to your question too. What is the universe in then? It as to be something? Sometihng infinite. Is it maybe that the "universe" is just a huge huge galaxy and that after this soccer ball galaxy of ours there is the universe. Hmmmmmm.

Someone may even be playing soccer with us. The molecules in the center of a soccer ball don't get distorted after all when the ball is kicked, so, relative to each other remain unmoved. What's to say we're not being booted about a soccer pitch (or even a slum in Rio).

• 4 years later...

I just opened the link and will read. Thanks for the bump.

I've seen something I couldn't identify. I still can't. It was a light-- and it was sick-- and it wasn't normal-- then it disappeared.

I find it interesting that I have met people that have never even a satelite.

maybe you shouldn't have bumped this thread...