They really do seem to be having problems with it changing the rules so often. Qualifying now is such a bore, maybe with 2 runs each it might be better.

I am not sure why he was selected to drive for a F-1 team but it probably has to do with his background (having a bengoshi father certainly helps) and what appears to be a marketable image.

To retire from a race because of a mechanical failure is one thing, running off the race track frequently and crashing the teammate exiting a tunnel (in Monaco) really makes one doubt if he has what it takes in a sport not designed for the faint-hearted.

I was there today, pretty phenomenal experience!

Found a primo spot a top a tree near the hair pin, best damn view on the whole track IMHO ;\)

My first real live F1 experience and I really had no idea of the how intense the noise truly is, I was expecting loud, not the piercing earsplitting crescendo, even with earplugs it was extremely loud, 130+ decibels up close with out a word of a lie. Its not the level so much its the pitch, its so high, it penetrates like a knife, virtually none off the Japanese spectators had earplugs, only seemed to be the Gaijins.

It was fun with the random lead changes in todays race, and not knowing who would be leading next.

I was timing Shuey, he was at one point gaining on the leader 2 secs a lap. 42, 40, 38, 36, he certainly is the man.

I found this interesting article about the noise, seems Indy cars are alot different.

Not the biggest of fans, but I'm sure it must be an experience being there. Was it full or was there lots of room for more people to attend? That race in the US a couple of weeks ago looked more than half empty.

Quote:
Originally posted by scouser:
Not the biggest of fans, but I'm sure it must be an experience being there. Was it full or was there lots of room for more people to attend? That race in the US a couple of weeks ago looked more than half empty.
around the course in the banks it was chocka, the hairpin where I sat up a tree was packed, there were so many people there 100's of thousands, It was crazy, the traffic was so bad after that I drove randomy through country roads with my brains internal compass directing me NW and by luck I found the highway and avoided the traffic jams in Suzuka, but it was a great experience all round
\:D

That must have been great kamoshika.

When the race is on, do you actually know much about what is happening - ie are there screens showing action in other parts of the track or score boards, commentary etc? Or is it just a case of watching and keeping track of whats going on yourself?

PS How much it cost?

Quote:
Originally posted by gurningBob:
That must have been great kamoshika.

When the race is on, do you actually know much about what is happening - ie are there screens showing action in other parts of the track or score boards, commentary etc? Or is it just a case of watching and keeping track of whats going on yourself?

PS How much it cost?
cost is 9000 for admission
up to 50000 for home straigth seats
there are giant screens distributed around the track in major points and there is a PA commentary updates. but I was too far from the screen and couldnt listen to the PA so I was watching and guessing