One more night and then I have 8 days off. Unexpected, and extremely unusual for this time of the year, but perfect timing cos some good friends I haven't seen in ages arrive in Tokyo on Monday for a week.

its canadian thanksgiving weekend over here. im pretty stoked because its the only public holiday between now and christmas.

although it sucks ass because everyone has gone home and there are literally 4 people on my residence floor (originally 40 or so)

That was a pretty crap 3 days.

On Sunday, I drove up to Sol Fa resort hoping to ride my Outback on their grass. It was a drive from hell, with a mountain road going up from sea-level to 1000 m in just a few miles. It started raining, and then pouring, and I knew my tyres needed replacing too. God knows what the road will be like with snow on it.

When I got there, it was raining so hard the wipers scarcely cut it on full power, so mountainboarding was not an option. I couldn't see much of the resort either. So I drove back down again, very carefully so as not to fall off the mountain in what looked to be perfect aquaplaning conditions.

I should have gone to the indoor place and got some artificial snow on me instead.