just struck me as strange this morn...as i opened my eyes to view my motionless arm attached to my motionless body, and thought, well, i guess its movement time, got up and been moving pretty much non stop ever since.

A few weeks back, I woke up from a sleep so deep that it was like death - no dreams or recollections of dreams at all. And having woken up from it I thought, if death is like that, it can't be bad at all.

Sleep is when we really come to life I think.

About once every 3 months I have an extended out of body experience whilst asleep. Not just little ones but very enhanced ones. For years they were short and freaky but now I am able to move through solid objects and also cross spaces without any concept of the time that it takes. By my own influence and choosing, I can float anywhere in my house. I can even float downwards through the floor to the room below me. Pretty soon I am going to try and move outside the house. There are no boundaries, you can do anything in the out-of-body state. The only problem is not having them often enough and being able to 'grab onto them' when they happen.

Waking up the next morning is always so lame in comparison.

I probably sound like a nut case.

....when i was younger, I quite often was fully aware i was dreaming when i was....this enabled me to pretty much control what happened in the dream. Unfortunately I could never get away from freddie or jason...on the odd occasions they would show up....i'd lose the plot and wake up.

but during most of the my dreams it was amazing cause i could do cool stuff like fly....the only prob with that was i would also wake myself up by physically "flapping" my arms... clap.gif

i find i don't dream as much now as what i used to. don't know why....anybody??

I dream lots, all the time, esp now Im unemployed and getting about 10 hrs of sleep a night \:\)

speaking of sleep I met a guy that had night terrors. He slept so deeply and soundly that he actually believed his dreams and would swear and scream and thrash around until someone woke him up. I thought he was joking until I heard him that night. creepy as

db I've had the same thing happen, but only once when I was about 11 years old. I started off by looking down on myself (which concerned me a bit), then I drifted through the house but I could also control where I went. The last thing I did was go and look of my parents, I drifted through the door while it closed and just hovered over the bed looking at them.

It was very very vivid. I'd love to able to experience them often. Your lucky db.

sweetaz I find that I semi control certain dreams as well. Alot of the time I find myself somewhere and then I control what I do in the area. I can rarely control where I am. It's weird but fun!

\:D

yeah me too sbf....i usually become aware i am dreaming when something weird is going on....then it's like..hey!this is too weird..i must be dreaming...then the control starts.

i've found it hard to get myself out of certain places even if i do have control.....then there is the odd time when I wouldnt want to b anywhere else. he he

db- out of body experience - that is very cool. closest i've come is being really pissed and feel like i'm floating round a spinning room.

what do you guys think the key is to dreaming more? ....an u cheeky buggas neednt say sleep more often

I dream constantly, but i do not know what causes it. certainly an unsettled mind can help but in my peaceful days I also have lots of dreams.

The out of body things are great, but only about 4 per year and often I wake up as they are getting going due to the intense rush that I feel as I start lifting off the bed. That feeling is impossible to describe. It is actually quite scary.

ha, ha!

ask and ye shall receive answers.

the secret to dreaming more comes from self imposed dream suppression.

when i first started working i was disconcerted to discover that u are expected to get up every day at some abhorrent time in the a.m.

needless to say i found this quite difficult. so in order to bring my slumber time forwards a tad, i partook in a bit of sleeper action.

jolly effective, especially if u take a couple, but u suppress all your dreams...in fact u wake up just after u take 'em.

now this is not a sustainable situation, as u would all be aware, and u shouldn't stay on the benzos for more than about 10 days cos they are terribly addictive. so the day came, after a week or so, when i decided to kick the habit.

kick 'em i did, but sleep i did not. next two nights, only slept an hour or so. but the third night...hooly dooles, dreams like u never had before. so sharp, so vivid.

nice experience, can't recommend it tho, as it involves taking addictive medication. other meds will also effect your dreams.

try at own risk.

[well, its not really dreaming more on a regular basis, but it offered the opportunity to tell a story]

I love lucid dreams! That out of body sounds great db and SBF..... I've experienced being out of my body before, a couple of times while unconsious (that's another story), but never from dreaming.

I used to float in those floatation tanks - filled with water and epsom salts. And once I was lying there and a voice inside my head said to me 'open your eyes' and I did and saw a night sky and suddenly I was rising out of my body up into this starry night sky. Don't remember a thing after that except some time later I landed back in my body very suddenly with a real jolt. Easily 1/2 an hour had gone by. Sounds trippy, but I was totally straight.