Quote:
Originally posted by Siren:
白のパンダを どれでも 全部並べて
ピュアなハートが
世界を飾り付けそうに 輝いている
愛する限り...
Free of charge, the .db. translation service brings you the following:

Quote:
Arranging the panda of white entirely with whichever, the pure heart has shone may decorate the world, if it loves...
So I ask you, does it love?
  • Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember mentioning anything about a booklet. Packaging yes.

Anyway, fukdane I don't have it at the moment. Been toying with the idea of getting as I get it for cost price. If i do it probably wont be for a while.

I'd be interested to hear what the special features are like.

"You think you've seen it all when it comes to the Alien films. You think you know it all. Forget all that. You haven't really seen anything, and you know nothing. But that's about to change.

The Alien Quadrilogy is a 9-disc treasure trove for fans of the Alien franchise. You're going to find things on these discs that you never knew existed - outtake footage, on-set footage, test footage, set construction photos and video, alternate camera angles of moments you know from the films, deleted scenes including moments you never knew about, candid production photos, pieces of artwork that have been hidden away for decades, vintage interview segments, brand new interviews with almost everyone you can imagine, stories you've never heard... you name it. The sheer volume of previously unseen material here is going to astound you. If you've been thinking that this set was going to be packed with recycled material, you're in for a shock. And if you think I'm exaggerating, you're in for an even bigger surprise."

Does anybody else find this quite amusing? I think it would be hard to write a better parody if you tried...

Here we go again.

It seems likely that one of the Big Bullies who made Ocean11's childhood so utterly miserable was an Alien fan.

He's now getting his "revenge" on that Big Bully by this weak and pointless garbage that no-one is really interested in apart from his head.

Nothing changes.... wakaranai.gif

Analyze away Yogurt. The fact that a fair half of your posts are directed exclusively at me shows that you're fascinated. Nice pass you made the other day too, trying to wangle a night in a hotel with me. Fat chance darling.

The reason I know that Alien is just one of a whole bunch of very similar stuff is that my gay friend Jon at school was a sci-fi geek and he insisted on trying to convert me. We sat through hours of videos and he showed me all his glossy books of photos, drooling over the 'realism'. Some Big Bully he was.

I can't see that anybody would be much interested in your bland little droppings Yogurt. Time for you to prick your own bubble perhaps...?

Quote:
Analyze away Yogurt.
Wow, thats such a clever new angle you've got there. Nice one icon14.gif

Quote:
The fact that a fair half of your posts are directed exclusively at me shows that you're fascinated.
lol.gif

Just wait until they start using the blue laser type DVD's. They can hold 50GB's or something crazy like that.

Even though that is massive there will still be multi disc sets even though all the info can fit on one disc. Like you said ender, it's our good friend marketing.

Watched the first 2 discs - the movie, commentary and about 3-4 hours of documentaries. Interesting stuff! cool.gif

Next week, Aliens.

Those new ones sound good - will they be backward compatable with current DVDs (they better had be).

The blue laser is so expensive because it is emerging technology. But it is far more exact and you can fit almost 10 times the data on one same sized disc. They are still working on the specs and it will most likely be a few more years until we have them in our homes. The laser is not backwards compatible per se...but it sholdn't be hard to include a good ol' cheapo red laser along with the blue baby for backwards compatibility with your bloated 9 disc otaku Alien uber-boxed set.

My bf got the above set for about $50, so for whats on it and if you are really into it, good value. The documentaries are interesting - seems that there was a lot of controversy and pissed off people during the making of the 3rd one. Better than the movie!! lol.gif

Quote:
When I watched the first Alien, I knew exactly who was going to die from the start, because there are a whole genre of films of the same sort, and they're made according to a formula.
From your comments, it sounds like you are mistaking Alien for some other generic movie.

Exactly how did you know who was going to die from the start? wakaranai.gif It is far from obvious.

At the time, Alien was really something new - it certainly was not a carbon copy generic movie.

> Exactly how did you know who was going to die from the start?

If you had seen many of the others of that genre, you would have known the 'death markers' that are used in splatter movies. One of the main 'death markers' is being black. As it was put to me in my youth 'The nigger always gets it'. That was the easy part.

alichar7.jpg

Well he's chips for a start.

Then there were various moral defects in the whites that marked them for death. I only remember very vaguely what they were in Alien as I saw it only once in my teens. But at that age, I was sufficiently exposed to that sort of shit to be able to read the clues.

> At the time, Alien was really something new - it certainly was not a carbon copy generic movie.

Yes it was. I hate to break it to you, but there's nothing very sophisticated about Hollywood space/horror movies. Alien isn't any different. It isn't original in any way - even Doctor Who and the old Star Trek TV series had elements in common (ie, borrowed by Alien making it quite boring to anybody who had seen the 'originals').

I suspect that most of you who think it's the first of its kind are saying that because it's the first of its kind that you saw.

Quote:
If you had seen many of the others of that genre, you would have known the 'death markers' that are used in splatter movies. One of the main 'death markers' is being black. As it was put to me in my youth 'The nigger always gets it'. That was the easy part.
 Quote:
I only remember very vaguely what they were in Alien as I saw it only once in my teens.
You obviously don't know what you are talking about!

If you knew the movie, you might know that ALL of the cast snuff it. Apart from the woman.

Perhaps they made a mistake having the chestbuster coming out of a white dude - should have made that grim thing happen to the black guy, hey?

Quote:
> At the time, Alien was really something new - it certainly was not a carbon copy generic movie.

Yes it was.
And I hate to break it to you, but NO IT WASN'T!! Though if you 'only saw it once in your teens' you really wouldn't know.

Quote:
I suspect that most of you who think it's the first of its kind are saying that because it's the first of its kind that you saw.
Wrong again. I suggest that if you want to comment about something, you know more about what you're talking about.

> If you knew the movie, you might know that ALL of the cast snuff it. Apart from the woman.

Yeah, I knew that. That 'only one survivor' thing is an old cliche of 'hard boiled' films. Nothing new there. Just because they all died doesn't mean that you couldn't spot which ones were obviously marked. Of course, I wouldn't claim 100% clairvoyance either, but then you don't need to say that Alien was by no means new.

I saw the film when I was a teen, I was bored with it for the reasons I've stated, and I've forgotten the geeky details that my friend wallowed in, and that people still pay good money to wallow in. That doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

But I'd hate to spoil your enjoyment of this magnificent franchise. Sorry, I mean film.

• 5 weeks later...

Just finished watching it all. Phew. A lot to go through, an exhaustive account of the film-making process. The extras for 3 and 4 are better than the movies themselves, really interesting stuff. The 3rd one was better than I remembered, esp. the newer version that fills the story in much better than the rush job they released in the theaters.