• Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we're all going to here a lot about Jack-o's 'deminished capacity' this time `round the legal stick.

What are the chances of a guilty plea? I'm puting my money on the insanity rout this time.

I think he's a paedophile...completely unaware of the improperness of the relationships he has with children.

I doubt his legal team would go for the insanity approach. More likely he would go for the charm offensive - huge PR exercise to round up his fans among the 12 good men and true, show conspiracy, racism etc. After all, there is a history with the prosecution (the name of the chief prosecutor was in the lyrics of one of his songs according to the news).

No surprise about the publication of the horrible mugshot and leaking of finding of drug in his home, the effect is of course to show the ugly sides of him in anticipation of the charm offensive.

So we all think that just because the prosecution (if not a certain members thereof) decided to prosecute someone, he/she (especially if he/she is a famous person who appears to be a bit 'strange') must have done something (never mind if he has committed the alleged offence)?

That sure is a lot of faith, a fortiori when we have heard absolutely no argument from either side.

Ocean/Big, thanks for the pointer re the interview - I admit readily that I have not been following the news up to now (not having particular interest in MJ) and was not aware of what was said in the interview and was merely reacting to the comments made in this forum.

I tried a quick search on google but have not been able to find a transcript of the interview. The only reliable fact I can distil from the articles is the admission that he has slept (the word to be given its literal meaning) with some of the children. The circumstances were not clear to me but per se it is of course neither here nor there.

My question is: what are the facts?

As far as the law of evidence is concerned (and perhaps for a sound reason), past conduct (including a previous conviction) is inadmissible, save in limited circumstances, to show that the accused is guilty of the offence charged. Even if admissible, the evidence only goes to show that the accused has a certain propensity i.e. tendency, to commit a certain crime.

It should be clear therefore, that I don't know whether MJ is guilty or not, but merely interested in the reasoning what you should think he is or is not guilty of the crime he is charged with.

The link worked fine during the weekend - someone must have taken the photo off.

JJ, the poll result is not in dispute. My question is this (at the risk of sounding like a broken LP):

Do you (or anyone of the 21) know any facts which support your view that he is guilty of the offence/crime charged?

Not a hunch or prejudice but facts which lead you to believe, beyond reasonable doubt (balance of probabilities is the civil action test), that he has done it.

Now, can someone please share with us the facts.

Siren, you're bringing a higher standard to bear than is required.

He will presumably go to court and the evidence will be brought to light. In this SJ kangaroo court though, we're simply being asked what our hunch is.

The fact that the law had to be changed because of Jackson's last molestation case, and the fact that he's now being prosecuted under the changed law suggests to me that somebody does indeed have some evidence worth pursuing, and that they did last time too.

Added to that is the fact that Jackson likes sleeping with children, clearly has some difficulty knowing where to draw the line between reality and fantasy, probably as a consequence of having been brought up in peculiar circumstances, either by his own admission or quite obviously on the 'face of it'.

Does it really require blind prejudice to believe that something is wrong there?