Now come on. Its not that bad if everyone around you stinks just as much.

A couple summers ago I worked in forestry and didn't wash my clothes for like a month. I was only wearing one pair of pants and one shirt. After a bit you just start to smell like plants and dirt and thats not so bad at all.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm the wildest and most definitly the coolest. But seriously. How clean do you need to be. And this is off topic but back home you get these people that sanitize everything and then wonder why there children are always getting sick. There is being clean and then there is being obsesive.

I don't smell. I shower a couple times a week and am riding a bike up and down a good hill to get to work. Some of my female students are certainly smelling a little ripe but I think that may be more of a deodorant problem. There is always one in a class but whatever. Not sure what I just said here but I will just go with it.

I find two showers or more a day pretty extravagant. You people that say you "couldn't live without" sound a bit spoiled. Hey, if you really want to then have at it, but it really isn't necessary. In Niseko I was on a about a twice a week schedule (which seemed pretty common). No problems in the odor dept. Its not like you sweat too much in the cold climates. If I was really sweating or working out I might take an extra shower, but sticking to a regular once a morning schedule is fine by me. If I was going to the gym I probably would go in the morning before showering and then handle that after.

if the situation calls for it then i can go without a shower for a long time, or just have one every second day... whatever the situation is is usually ok. My Army days required some pretty fithly episodes. plus i lived on a coral atoll for a month and went mostly unwashed. surfing trips are pretty grubby as well. However when it comes to normal day to day life I like to have 2 per day.