We've been looking for a boxer pup, but all the places we've been to have said there are none in Japan, no breeders.

has anyone ever seen a boxer here, or know where one can be bought?

If not, anyone ever imported an animal from the UK or Australia, or know how/what it would entail?

Animals being imported from known Rabies countries must live in quarantine for month or more.

So not only expensive but also inhumane.

Why not just get a mut or somthing. It's not the breed thats important but more the personality.

The UK has no rabies.

Size, temperament, physical attributes are all issues here, no room for gambling.

I am concerned, however, as to whether the pooch would have a problem with the language here...

One place to look would be Hawaii. I moved from there to Japan with my dog and it was extremely simple. Hawaii is a rabies free state so all it takes is a vet certificate saying the pup is rabies free and then some customs form. Would make for a nice dog searching vacation at least.

Here's the address for a boxer club in Hawaii:

Boxer Club Of Hawaii

Corresponding Secretary: Gail Lindsey

45-244 Halemuku

Kaneohe HI 96744

Much obliged, squire

searched in Japanese, don't know why it didn't show...

I must say it's quite a relief, the language thing...

(the hawaii vacation sounds great, but i'm not sure I could take the risk of having a republican American around the house...)

Dogs with defected colours are the best! Be nice and take em cause no one else here will.

Besides this their rareness makes them an immedaite woman magnet! Not much use with the other half in tow, but definitely great for a lonely weekend walk along a beach of bikini clad girls whom otherwise would never give the time of day! (Actually reading this makes me sound like a right dweeb who can't get woman...) Perhaps I should edit this...

Budget? anything less than 200,000 is a bonus!

Those sites are great, if I get the goods, I'll feel duty bound to offer you first refusal of the role 'godfather' \:D

Mogski-you're a pervert...

(you really think it'll work? ...white...ummm)

Being less of a god fearing person and more of a worshipper of mammon, I'll be happy to accept the balance between budget and actual cost.

mogs, it looks as though the whiteys have been snapped up before their coloured brothers and sisters (probably for their meat and pelts though ;\) )

No commision yet, O11... ;\)

Still in the throws of indecision, deadlines and new puppies don't go, anyway...

Off to ol' blightey soon, so may get one after that, if we can find a good one (that'll be aesthetically pleasing, in case toque misunderstands ;\) )

The dog just must match my man-clutch/bag