Same thing kind of happened to me. Went to dinner with a friend familiar with the more obscure cuisine here. I had no idea what I was eating most of the night, but at least I could tell it was different vegetables and different varieties of noodles. Eventually, they started bringing the meat entres out. My friend wouldn't tell me what the first one was. I proceeded to eat it, and actually really liked it. I thought it tasted like spicey sausage and proceeded eating most of the plate of it. Eventually, as he was choking and laughing, he told me that I had just eaten half a plate of raw horse. I just smiled and asked if more was coming. It really was good, and I'm not a big meat eater. I'll try most anything, so this wasn't a huge shock. Doubt I would have ordered it myself though.

i haven't tried horse sashimi (the thought of eating raw animals is a little scary) but i have eaten cooked horse meat (it's a specialty of Tono in Iwate - or so i've been told)... very tasty stuff, good and lean, unlike the beef here... \:D

my friend had a mate visiting from the UK and we actually went out searching for basashi (thats the word, yeah?). had to go to three different izikayas before we found one that served it and wasn't full. i thought it was pretty good- esp with lots of ginger. definitely a meaty sashimi taste.

Orange,

Havent eaten it, but it cant be any worse than grasshopper, snail, snake, frog, whale, alligator, ants, and any other weird thing anybody could add to the list that ive tried ;\)

I like meat but just dont eat it very often - eat fish several days a week though.

As opposed as I was to trying horse, eventhough Ill try anything once, it was damn good! Just like boar, thats delicious. May have to go up Rokko mtn and find one for dinner \:D