Oasis headlining ????????? eek.gif

Are those twots still together - surpised one brother hasn't taken the other one out by now.......

Haven't been to Glastonbury, but did go to the Reading Festival (quite) a few years ago now. Took in a few other festivals as well when I lived in the UK - mad experiences......mind you though, 100,000 people is just too many for my liking.

Give me 800 people and a 2 day outside dance party any day.........

Doesn't it always rain at Glastonbury ???? :p

I went in 1990(!)

We arrived on the Friday afternoon and immediately rigged up a portable tv in the van so we could watch England-Egypt in the World Cup. I think it was one-nil with Donkey Adams scoring. We then did a two in, one out with the two wristbands we'd bought to get our crew in. It had been chucking it down and there was lots of mud. First night was Adamski and the Happy Mondays on the big stage, but it wasn't very good so we ended up in the Green Field and watched some hippies doing a show with Indonesian shadow puppets. On the next day, we saw some comedy and the poet John Hegley, scored some free food off the Krishnas, and looked at more wacky traveller stuff in the Green Field. The Cure were on the main stage at the night time, and though I've never been a fan, at least they sounded like they were used to playing a huge venue. They used to play massive gigs in Europe. I think we saw some WOMAD acts and then hit one of the rave tents.

There were a few cops inside but it didn't stop anyone from selling openly. Back in those days, you'd get a lot more than a caution if busted.

The big finale on the last day was Ladysmith Black Mambazo. Though everyone goes on about the lineup, to tell the truth, I can't remember much from the time I went. The other events and just wandering around and looking at people were much more interesting. Like everyone says, the toilets were rank.

Isn't Glastonbury sponsored by big companies like Pepsi now?

Well no, if I knew him, he would be the 'late scouse get'. Every report I've ever read about him has him saying some shameful fool-on-the-hill nonsense. This is the man who comes all the way to Japan to free Ise ebi in Osaka Bay so that the fishermen can catch and sell them twice. For his karma, like.

Glastonbury is a bit of a locus for people who are obsessed with faeries and warlocks. Gotta lotta ley lines going through there, y'know? Good place apart from all that Tinkerbell stuff though.

• 11 months later...

RAIN!

Lightning and torrential rain delayed the start of the Glastonbury Festival in Somerset, with flooding hitting parts of the site.

The first band was due on at 1030 BST, but all stages closed because of power cuts and safety fears. Stages are now reopening across the site.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/music/4618015.stm

Might be glad I didn't go if it carries on!

Drowning by the looks.

Rain's all part of the Glasto fun though, isn't it. I heard good things about some of the acts on there. Seemed to have been lots of "Kylie tributes" played.

Well me mates had a grand time by the sounds. They said the mud wasn't too bad (which has me thinking they're fibbing about actually going there). Said The Killers and Coldplay were really good.

me jane. you do look lovely. \:D