Going back to home country - busy busy busy...

Anyone else like me? You go back home for 2 or 3 weeks, and end up hardly being able to rest at all. Seems there's so many family things going on, friends things going on, etc etc - sometimes I just want a week at home doing almost nothing but it never seems to happen.

\:\( but I suppose \:\)

Other end of the spectrum for me! Last time I went home for 10 days I caught up with only one old friend and had to convinced a friend from Japan to go there at the same time so that I would have someone to hang out with. I showed her around and we actually had a great time! I didn't even tell the family that I was in the country.

The amazing thing was that at a massive dance party I walked right in and bumped into an exgf from 4 years ago. Neither her nor I had been in the county for 2 years yet first time back we walked right into each other in crowd so big that you couldn't find someone if you wanted to. The ensuing conversation only lasted 5 minutes.

Have fun at home girl, don't run around too much and do it at your own pace. Plus drink a few warm flat beers with no head!! have fun \:\) . Hang on, I think it was this time last year that you complained about the long flight there and then again about the long flight back.

Thank you, I am going soon.

And yes, thats me. I am still complaining about the flights.

Grumble grumble grumble. :p

And I just reminded myself of my mums scrumptions Rhubarb Crumble. Hopefully a week on Sunday, thats what I'll be scoffing.

Does your mum's rhubarb crumble make the spoon feel hairy? My mum's does.

God, I cannot wait to sink my face into a pint of warm, flat beer with head like somebody spat on it!

I've been invited to play cricket already. How well can I be expected to bowl in flip-flops?

>>>Usually I get the family to meet somewhere that is a holiday for everyone....

we always say we'll do that, but never seem to get round to it. Good idea once in a while.

I had just 10 day at Xmas and it was a little full-on, especially considering I had to fly between 3 different cities. Didn't have enough time to just hang out or really get out of town. It was great anyway but I was so happy to get back to winter in Japan.

I have this problem so I realised I just have to make my trips home longer. Family are in Sydney and on South Coast so I now try to add an extra 5-7 days onto the trip so I can chill out in the Blue Mountains, where I lived before coming here. OF course I can't always do that, but I hate all the running around without chillout time.

Good ideas. Keep the budget down, you're just wasting if you splash out for the most part. There are some exceptions of course, I have a friend back home who just loves "Japan things" and goes mad over whatever I take her.

I usually have loads of time to chill when I'm home as well - mostly because most of my friends are in other places so its only family and me. Thats fine by me, I don't want to be rushing off everywhere.

i went home this time last year (Oz), for 6 weeks. and while it was great to catch-up with family/friends, i didn`t have AS good a time as i thought i would! yeah, it was winter, and i went riding a bit, but no one had `time` to do fun stuff. wakaranai.gif

next time i go home will deff. be summer, when everyones on hols. and have time to do fun stuff.

Busy busy - but fun.

My friends husband to be is very hunky. I approve, seems like a really nice guy. Not sure about the speed marriage though,...

• 2 weeks later...