Favorite T-shirts you no longer have and famous people you've met

I used to have a funny one based on the Ford logo by the skatewear outfit 'Fuct', which I purchased in the Phillipines and lost in Indonesia. Also had a great 'TheCult' one ,many moons ago, which I wore to pieces. The one I regret losing the most was one given to me by Joe Strummer (R.I.P). He's the only 'truely famous' person I've ever really met and hung out with. A really nice guy and one of my heroes as a teenager, it was very sad that he died so young.

"Truly famous person"- PM Mr. Koizumi.

I met him before elected for the prime minister in my local town. He came to make a campaign speech for my friend's dad. He is always very friendly and nice guy. I really hoped him not to be the PM...

lol.gif interesting topic, interesting t-shirts and famous people.

I miss an old t-shirt that simply said "T&C surf" famous people...i've met and spent time with Donald Southerland, boyz II Men, Sean Penn, Chicago Bull's player BJ Armstrong (he was my grandma's good friend), did business with Konishiki (in japan) but also played basketball with him in Hawaii. Drank with Akebono's younger brother and hung out with his mom last spring, I've also met on many occasions Steve Miller (old time US rock star), met Chubby Checker..."come on baby, let's do the twist..." My Parents are close friends with Buddy Holly's wife. These names might not be known by ya'll.

My best ever T-shirt was a plain Rusty Tee. It had a boy bunny behind a girl bunny ( bent over) with the simple phrase "Ride with Pride" that or my green Pennywise tee.

as for famous people (I don't like to name drop) ... heaps of surfers, muso's, a few movie stars, a sumo, K-1 fighters etc etc. Most of them i have met and spent some personal time with.

In Japan sometimes we are given an opportunity to meet "Famous people". I have been to many a gig where I have been the only "gaijin" and the band have asked me to show them a good time at their expense clap.gif

I have been to many a gig where I have been the only "gaijin" and the band have asked me to show them a good time at their expense

>>> Do tell more!

Famous people I have met:::: abso****inlutely no one. Can't see why I ever would.

Fav tshirt that I no longer have:::: A very faded black and ruined Insight (surfboard) tshirt. I couldn't care less about it now but at the time in the late 80's I loved it. I also loved a tshirt my parents made me when I was about 9 years old. It quoted my favourite line as a young boy and was yellow with black iron-on lettering:

"I don't want to start an argument, but....."

Quote:
Originally posted by grungy-gonads:
With DB on this - I don't think Ive ever met any famous people and don't feel the need.
I have never felt the need to meet famous people either. Sometimes the situation that you are in it just happens.

There is a big difference with just it happening and people trying to make it happen.

I used to hava a The Cult tshirt from a concert they did at the Royal Court. Great concert it was, back when they were more goth than rock. I wonder where that went. I bet its smelly. It sure was. lol.gif

• 3 weeks later...