1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

Ok Ive had my video camera a sony for 4 years.

liked it alot but.....

in the last 2 years it has had to be fixed twice.

this time they are asking 4 man to fix it. 4 man wtf. I also have the feeling that it might break again in the future so what would you do.

I dont have much money but I love having a video camera

fix it and suck it up or

buy a new one or used one?

Fattie,

Don't fix it. Do yourself a favor, for about 7man now you can get my 3 ccd Panasonic NV-GS200 + 5000 for a wide lense and you got yourself a good deal.

ps. I been using Pana's cams for 7 years never had 1 problem, whereas most Sonys I know make several trips to the repair man.

cheapest price is HERE

You find cheaper than this then please let me know!

get the black one... ;\)

I will think about it sent a nasty email to sony. told them that plus service and the cost of the camera i figure it works out to 65000 yen per year for the camera. I told them that was way too much and that I would switch brands if they couldnt solve this problem.

you know theyre gonna be as polite as possible, dodge the situation, pass the buck, and say you need to contact somebody else regarding the matter... give you like 15 phone numbers to call, and hope in the end that you give up lol.gif

saw that on tv the other day...

I would definitely go for a new one (but maybe not mention it to Ocean11 ;\) ). Sell the old one or give it away to someone who can make use of it. It sounds to me like you really love having a vid so you won't regret getting a new one, probably as soon as you get the thing.

• 2 months later...

My Canon MV is rooted. it constantly ejects the tape, plays back all screwed, wont properly load the tape. It is a mess, cant fix it, need a new one FAST.

Are there any reliable HD recorders yet?

Ind0 - I don't need top of the range, but what Panasonic do you recommend these days?

The Canon MV/Elura model has been getting this error/issue in massive numbers over the last year. Mine simply wont take a tape for longer than 10 minutes anymore, often less. And play back is a gamble.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can still get the 200K by Pana that I mentioned above then I would get that.

They have released new models now the 150 & 250 which both looks good but I haven't really looked into them as I am well and truly satisfied with my current black beast!.

I have the Canon and I could get an English Manual for it. They sent it to the factory to have the OS in it changed to English.

Seems to be alright the now. Somehow I wonder if there is a small department in the big companies that research how to make all the electronic equipment fail after a while so you have to upgrade. I got tired of the Sony 'one and only' policy a few years back.