• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Most of us love it there for the anime, manga, cosplay, unique subcultures and street scene, urban artography, mystic ancient culture, really healthy food and the unique sense of self importance that the experience generates.

I love the language barrier

I love the highway system

I love the outrageous tolls I have to pay to use their highway system that I love

I love the fresh Tokyo air

I love how the buildings and houses are crammed together

but seriously, it has more mountains and snow than Texas, and thats all that matters for my last winter here.

its a great place....tons of freaky people (funny and not so), gaijin from all walks of life and more snow than you could shake an ugly stick at. and the boots.....urrrrrrrgh love the fashionable knee high boots \:D

but seriously its all about how you make it. Ive been here nearly 4 years and I still love this place. soo many things to do, interesting people and something new almost every day. The big cities are a hive of weirdness, kawaii culture and high energy. The country is a beautiful wilderness ripe for trekking or ripping up the slopes. Chiba, where I live, is shite having none of the big city vibe or the mountains of snow....thank god the nearest surf beach is relatively close otherwise Id go insane.

Hope that helps \:\)

well im probably startin in tokyo and then going from there. there are no real plans aside from the fact that im going as soon as i have the money. im workin on visa and all that jazz soon.

im going with my bf and as far as we know he will be working at the Four Seasons hotel. If i get a job snowboarding then i will move to where ever that is.

I learned to ski at Hemlock and had a season pass there for quite a few years. They get a ton of snow. But it is so busy now with the cheap passes. Skiing runs like Heaven, Outriggers, Timbercruise, Crans Bowl, Sasquatch, Rudy's... That brings back memories. I always wanted to ski those chutes way way way skiers right of the red chair.

I moved over to Manning Park in my late teens for about 5 years before W/B and then the powdertopia that is Japan.

haha that probably wouldnt be the best of ideas. but i will still party it up.

oh hells ya outrigger lol im all over that. so heres some news for ya. this season hemmy has been open a total of 2 weeks!!!! thats rite! all of the lower mainland including whistler is having one of the worst seasons ever! ok maybe not ever but its absolutly ridic. im sure u know how hemlock has basically never made ne improvements... as a part of the property and opperations contract it was required to do so and still joe ( the owner) has done nothing and is sick of dealing with the gov so he's SELLING! i have a feeling the mountain will be bought and exploited by some big company... which sux but also means new terrain and lifts so im kinda stoked. not sure if u wanted to know lol but i had to share

Ah shit eek.gif

How old are you?????

Don't worry about getting drinks.

I usually buy drinks for my students when I'm ripping drunk and on the town shifty.gif

I'm sure you will be able to get some. Liquer laws are pretty good here. Can buy most at corner stores, vending machines and even drink in cars or while walking around town.