Well I mast admit that I said exactly the same thing when I arrived in Japan.

In Japan! Does it ever snow here??

Actually the Greek mountains are the Southeastern extension of the Alps. And we get quite a lot of snow there. Unfortunately it is not much developed yet. If you are interested here is a link that has some of the resorts in Greece.

http://www.gtp.gr/skicenters.asp

Hi

I'm a newbie both to this site and snowboarding. I am sitting here in London, surrounded by all my new gear, taking board lessons on a dry slope, and sweating at the lack of snow in Japan. I'll be in Akita prefecture for three weeks, starting the 19th Dec. My nearest area will be Tazawako (30-40 mins by car). In case of a snowless scenario is Hachimantai worth a visit (a long trip by car). Is it suitable for a beginner? What is the likelyhood of snow at Hachimantai? I've seen people boarding (at the summit)in May. I was in Akita in August'03 for a month, it rained for about 75% of the time while in the UK it hit 40 degrees. Now Tokyo's 25 degrees and there's a forecast of a really cold winter in the UK, am I cursed? confused.gif

Well try waiting down under, when everyone here is looking towards a long hot summer, and a few waves, they all think im mad waiting for the sara-sara to fall and get back to Nippon Alps. Only looking at a couple of weeks this season, off to save the world from Feb (www.peaceboat.org), but for those in for Jan Hakuba sessions, we shall be seeing you soon. A big shout to the Hakuba boys, 902crew chief ripper Yusaku-for convincing me to come back with a new board gift. wave.gif

Will enjoy some waves until then. Kiwoskite minasan.