Apart from the lucky few like Toque and Fattwins most of us haven't had any snow yet. Training is as close as I can get for the next two weeks. Have started to step it up a bit cause I know the snow will come.

Have been doing three hour or more runs every week. Yesterday did an awesome trail run with a friend for almost two hours. Pretty knackered today but want to do a regular run again tomorrow. The run yesterday had some really good steep sections where it was almost quicker walking, and actually that's what we did a few times. The downhill trail sections got me visualising tree-riding.

Gonna do another intense trail run or two before I hit the slopes on Dec 26th. Only two weeks to go clap.gif

lets hope there is decent snow cover for you to hit the slopes on Dec26, or you might be continuing with all that trail running, perish the thought!

As for training, nothing special, 2km swim every Sunday night, cross training machine at the gym once a week, one day of leg weights a week, Mtn biking on Saturday morning (3 hours last Saturday with 2 hardcore local guys who blasted me away)

All year conditioning rather than preseason training for me. ;\)

I have been doing 2 hour trail jogs with small hill climbs and lots of log jumping and tree ducking etc. I do not go flat out, just a long steady pace. I love being fit again. It has been 13 months since my last cig.

I also take the 320 step emergency spiral stair case out of my home tube station each night, taking each step 2 at a time. It hurts.

I went for a run for the first time in 2 months with Davo yesterday. Ran on some beautiful trails and dont feel any more sore today than I wouldve 2 months ago after, what Davo, a 12K we did? If the reason is because I have been doing yoga for the past 6+ weeks or so I wont ever stop \:D

Quote:
Originally posted by Yamakashi:
If the reason is because I have been doing yoga for the past 6+ weeks or so I wont ever stop \:D
Yoga prevents muscle soreness because you have been doing it every night for 6weeks or you did it after running?
Doing Yoga every day eases your body and mind, I won't stop either. ;\)

Havent been running for months, nor swimming either Slow. But, started yoga hoping that it would reduce my injury time. I have become much more flexible, though probably not quite like you, this is as flexible as Ive ever been and feel great after doing it. Im sure having loose muscles would reduce muscle pain (aleve lactic acid) after running or any sport. Now that Ive gotten into a good routine with it wont ever stop. Maybe you could show me a few positions? \:D

Sure Yamakashi san!

I can show you a few positions. I'm seriously thinking to take Yoga instructor training course next spring. After taking this course, how about 1000yen for each position? ;\)