Quote:
Originally posted by samurai:
yeah, I'd like to figure out some trips this year. go somewhere other than my home hill and get freaking rowdy. itsu???
I'll be at Kurobushi Kogen pretty much every day except Saturday, from when it opens to mid-January. I can meet you at Higashine station.

Onikobe depends on the weather, but any time you like. I live about 100m from Oishida station, so you can drop in for cake too \:\)

Oyuki kigan good point. Even for training they have limited uses. If you fall on them you can break you thumb pretty easily. Since moving to snowblades never used them, when going back to carvers I didnt see the point as there is plenty of room to carve and having fun, i.e. taking a jump or rail is pretty dangerous with poles.

yeah, laces on your shoes don't make much sense either. You could trip on them, tie yourself in a knot if it's dark. Why don't we all velcro it?

Poles? I love them. I love planting them in front of a small branch and watching the branch move out of my way. I love chopping cornices from above and watching the chunks of snow tumble below. I love using it as a forearm guard against branches in my way as well. I love using them to support my gloves when it's snowing hard and I have to pee. I LOVE the ab workout in the flats, weaving around those wishing they had just one pole. sometimes their skier friends loan them one. I don't. they might trip, or lose an eye or something...

True story: I was following my friend snowboarding on a rail. Camera in hand. He falls off the rail and I take the same rail on one blade. ( it was a pretty easy rail too)

Any time I have tried jumps or rails with normal skiis, the kicker part of the jump, tends to cause to much pressure (as in bending the skiis a lot) at low speeds.