Well I was hoping to take a few days off this coming week, but with the lack of snow at the mo I've cancelled those plans. Which is annoying because I was really looking forward to that break and I can't change the days off work now. mad.gif

I'll hike for sure FT. Just got back from another run so I'm getting well in shape for that sort of caper. I'd like more snow but the thought of cancelling has never crossed my mind. I'll be happy to catch up with friends and get up into the mountains. Anyway there are little snowmen on the forecasts for Hakuba resorts for the next 4 days clap.gif . I hope that "ye of little faith" are proven wrong.

Had to cancel my trip to Hakuba as the skibusses aren`t running. Been frantically phoning around all weekend and with a bit of luck might be able to get up to Niseko instead. So should work out for the best.

It`s pretty harsh for the ski industry in Honshu, they must be losing a fortune.

I didnt even wear a jacket this morning and it will climb to about 20 kyoto today that is wierd.

Toque considering the top of tsugaike is open I figure that there is enough snow to skin. Wont know untill saturday though. Ill teach some lesson through the weekend I think. Hakuba needs more than one dump it needs base snow.

It's only part natural at Tsugaike. It looks better than 47 but thats about it.

Apparently there's far more free parking at Tsugaike now.

For the hikers, the Shizen-en is 250m or so above the ski field but doesn't have that much snow. Hopefully we'll get some tonight. Even if we don't, at least the mercury is set to drop. When we've had precipitation, it's been falling as rain.

http://www.tokyu-hakuba.co.jp/live/live.htm

I figured a couple of pockets in between norikura ski jo and tsugaike (up and out the back of both) might have some nice drifted areas. Was thinking about heading there. the other place at tsugaike gets tracked out too fast by every wanna be guide.

Freaking very warm now