Wow, you're lucky Toque, I'm counting at least 60 sleeps before I get to touch snow. Of course that includes my afternoon naps.

(Just FYI, Bushpig, because I know you will ask: I do not count shag-sessions as sleeps)

Starts the 3rd of Dec. The politicians pushed it through as a 3 year trial, referendum after that. One of our more "colourful" independents (read sacked ex minister) and an ex leader of the oposition put it through as a private members bill. As you can imagine the farmers and a few others are whinning. \:\(

Looks like plenty of dinners on the patio watching the sun go down over the ocean coming up and probably a few more bubbly headaches in the mornings. Except of course the 5 weeks I am over there! \:\) \:\)

I have no Xmas trip planned this year, and since I don't live in snow country, I'm not sure when I'll be out. This SUCKS! I'll be in Seattle and Vancouver, but not until next March! I guess I'll try to head up to Hachikita (which is an unexpectadly good mountain considering its geographic location in Hyogo pref) for a couple days during new years vacation if the snow is good.

Bushpig... you're almost as far from the snow as I am. Where do you usually go?