Whats you experience with patrol in places other than Japan? How do they compare with what you have experienced here?

Don't particularly want this to become a slangfest, but interested to hear any comments.

in new zealand ive never struck them. however when i went boarding there i never went too far from the groomed slopes. Japan seems to have heaps of out of bounds areas. didnt notice much in NZ. I think it mostly comes down to japan being over-cautious and NZ being under-cautious.

No negative interaction in Whistler/Blackcomb, in fact found them to be rather helpful with information. Had a patrol dude at Sunshine Village approach my posse when we were hiking an in-bounds kicker, because our stack of packs looked like a dead body. He was cool when he found out what we were doing - I think he was mostly concerned that we weren't constructing a hazard.

The ones we've experienced in J-Land were always well-mannered and professional - communication skills sometimes lacking but we're the fly-ins after all.

Similarly, the same goes for Oz, USA, Canada and NZ.

At the end of the day, they know we're out there for fun, and their aim is to maintain enjoyment for all users.

it would be good if skiers carried bayonets to stab any snowboarder sitting down in the middle of the run. Being a boarder, I would carry a bayonet too, actually a bazooka would be better to blow the **** out of the skiers standing on top of the [enter feature here] that I want to jump

the other day, I was on my last run of the day and I want to hit a little cutout to practice my grab open 180s. Final run, final hit so I definitely wanted to hit it well to go home with a smile on my face. To my chagrin, a lady skier came and stopped at the top. Damn, I thought, I have to wait til she moves. Then...oh no! why is she unbuckling her skis????? and digging through her backpack and.....getting a video camera out??? I look upslope and see the dad and a little kid doing the slowest snowplough down the slope. OMFG what is this nightmare???I was determined to wait it out though so I stayed put. then when the kid finally made it, the mom pulled out some snacks and they all had some. Then the kid and the dad went off and she filmed them from behind! I couldn't wait any more and went for it. I ended up jumping right in front of the camera and I gave her the finger as I landed the 180 and yelled 'asoko abunai, boke!'. I was so pissed. so now this lady has a video of her little kid doing its first turns on skis and then a gaijin flies across the screen giving the finger and screaming. I love internationalization!

a bit soft? I don't know. There's a limit to some people's understanding of why standing at the top of a jump or sitting behind a ridge is dangerous. Yelling at them on the way by doesn't really enlighten them I don't think. They prob think 'what a prick'

boke comes from boketeru. You use that word for example when a picture is out of focus.

boke is kind of like country bumpkin

tsondaboy, it's really quite easy as you can start with just landing 90 degrees on flat land. It's harder to do that on backsides since you will prob catch an edge. find a mogul or a convex roll and practice, practice practice