Anoyone going to be watching much of the Olympics? (I'm not sure what channel they're going to be on - anyone?)

What events you interested in?

I always like seeing bobsleigh - coz I had a go (at a small one) when I was younger and I want to try it myself.

Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
I am sure you have seen Blade Runner soubriquet... Old movie, but will give you some hints as to what happens. ;\)
One of my all-time favourite films, but I hadn't made the connection. Thanks for that, I'll have to watch it again.

NHK and other broadcaster's schedule.

http://www.joc.or.jp/torino/pdf/tvsch_nhk.pdf

http://www.joc.or.jp/torino/pdf/tvsch.pdf

It'll be all Japan all the time, but that's the same anywhere you go in the world, homers. There's bunch of hockey games scheduled (mostly tape delayed), so there's hope. And moguls are on the first few days of the games, should be fun.

I am really close each weekend but not going. I was going to visit the resorts before the games, but found that the actual resort websites were almost useless (in English). Even finding a quality piste map was impossible. So I didn't go. I think they got 50cm of snow last week, but before that my understanding was that they were in deep trouble... no snow.

Nagano Olympics had no snow until right before the games and people were really worried. Then there were huge dumps right before and during the games which actually caused some problems like downhill that I went to see being rescheduled because of too much snow! So, not all hope is lost, but time is running out eh..

Quote:
Japan should sell them some snow.
No. That's not on.

As everyone should know, Japanese snow is not suited to foreigners ski equipment and so that would not be fair and would give the Japanese competitors and unfair advantage.
 Quote:
Originally posted by number9:
All the more reason, haha.
You're not rooting for the Japanese are you 9?

GO CANADA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope I can see some hockey games and short track speed skating. A good friend of mine should be racing. Long track is borrrrrrring.

On the weekend I walked up to the base of the Hakuba ski jumps. SCARY SHIT those things.

And those ski jumpers race down those things that are practically ice tracks! Ever seen those ski flying competitions on 200m hills? Insanity. (Normal is 90m and Large hill is 120m.)

Too bad your friend's not on the team, short track and long track are such different competitions.

I get to cheer for both Canada and Japan and add up the medal count, yes \:D There aren't many competitions where I have to worry about conflict of interest, heh.