1. 1. Do you like this poll?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not sure
    • Can you do another poll please?
  2. 2. Should I make a new poll?

• Yes please
    • No, don't need

I wish I lived nearer than I do, I would be out so much more than I can manage now. Kedo, gambarimasu! (two clenched fists in front of chest, bringing them down quickly action)

hmmm,

In the good old days...

home station - shinjuku station: 20mins

change shinjuku - tokyo station: 25 mins

change tokyo station for shinkansen: 30 mins

closest resort by shinkansen: Gala Yuzawa 70mins? (never went there, but I went to Kagura etc which required a wait and a bus).

I think the fastest I could have done it was 145 minutes. If I went to Hakuba rather than yuzawa it took and extra 80 minutes or so.

These days happy days...

Friday afternoon leave office to trainstation to airport: 60 mins

Airport in Ldn to Airport in Milan, including checkin and wait time: 170 mins

Get of plane, customs, bus from airport to Milan central to subway to tram to apartment: 130 mins

Next morning, put board in car, drive rental car to nearest snow: 120 mins.

No one needed that much detail. Just wanted to nail it home: You guys have it easy and deep! \:\)

assuming the road is good maybe 15mins from my house to Iizuna (unfortunaly I voted wrong) but I always drive an hour or so and go to Nozawa or somewhere else bigger and better than Iizuna.

Get of plane, customs, bus from airport to Milan central to subway to tram to apartment: 130 mins

Next morning, put board in car, drive rental car to nearest snow: 120 mins.

You have an appartment in Milan?! YOU have nothing to complain about!

Apt in Milan: Yes, but as a result of a geographically split relationship.

I'm certainly not complaining! it is a wonderful blessing for me given London's lack of everything that Milan has got, which includes but certainly not limited to: my gf, excellent food from the local street market, fresh slabs of buffalo mozzarella for breakfast every Saturday morning, amazing fresh olives*, buzzy people and access to so many countries and diverse cities and geographical places within 3 hours drive in any direction. And lets not forget the two legged visual pleasures, a unique by-product of northern Italian breeding.

I like Italy a lot. No complaints at all.

* Fresh olives: I have never had anything like these things in my life. They are green an moderately large and directly from the tree, not a jar. No salting or pickling or anything. Fresh like a grape. They crunch then melt in your mouth - pure olive oil. The best single thing I have ever eaten and I crave them all week.