I wanna try those ones that look like gloves (but are for your feet obviously)..I'm sure they have some impossible to remember kawaii name.They seem to be as scarce as hens teeth however. Anyone know where I can invest in a pair???

boardbaka

Same goes for skiing thin socks are better. I like Brigedale thin ski socks. They dont bunch up, have a light paded shin and keep my feet relativly warm. They may be hard to find over here though.

Use Salomon wool ski socks. Nice and thin, but damn warm! Best sock out. I also own a pair of Thorlo ski socks but they are a little too thick for Thermo fitted boots and usually too damn hot.

Have injection moulded ski boots so comfort isn't a prob, also don't feel the cold - so insulation isn't an issue either.

Use a very thin pair of knee length ski socks that have no joins or ribs other than very thin ones that are located in the toe and heel gussets.

Used 'em in -40C temps in Canada and here in +4C - great.

As Sanno said - these types of socks are just fine to prevent feet sticking to the liner and absorb only a small percentage of moisture.

(Thicker the sock = moisture absorption = cold)

At the end of the day, the liner of your boot should provide the needed insulation, not the sock.

Happy Trails Pilgrim. wave.gif