For 1 Day pass, not including Night.

Whistler BC $72 CAN

Mt.Baker $37 US

Mt.Hood Meadows $47 US

In U.S. it range from $37-55. In Utah there are some resort that cost $60 for a day pass.

But I think season pass are pretty cheap here, I got my Mt.Hood Meadows Season pass for $425.

Japan lift tickets from what I have seen is usually cheaper then in the states, but the hotels in Japan is way over price.

These were Mt Hutts prices these year

Adult

$74

Youth/Senior

$39

Student

$55

Super Senior 75+

Free

Children

Free 6 yrs & under

And that was to ski on 30cm of snow packed with people. Screw that, I would have gone for hike somewhere else.

Mt Hutt had such a shithouse season thta the snow has almost completely gone and its only early Nov, in good seasons some locals have gone for aski on Xmas day as there was still some snow left.

This season was poo.

200511070730.jpg

Broken River - a private club ski area with only rope tows wanted $50Nz for a ticket this year -major rip off.

Whakapapa (Nth Is) $72

Japan is pretty good value when you look at it!

Difficult to compare Oz & NZ with, say, Japan/Canada/USA.

The former just don't have the snowfall, low temperatures, elevation/vertical , sheer number of resorts, etc.

Just about anywhere in Japan/Canada/USA gives ya more bang for ya buck when all is said and done.

Therefore, riding in Oz/NZ is very expensive in comparison.

(We're held ransom by Mr. Packer, etc!)

Probaly, Vail is the highest in the world. They do not sell one or two days tickets in high season. It is US$237 for 3 days out of 5 days. Even for senir (65+), it is US$71 for 1 day!

In Japan, Kagura&Mistumata, my favorite one, costs 4,000 yen for 1 day, 3,000 yen for 1 day senir (55+).

Quote:
Originally posted by SnowConnection:
Probaly, Vail is the highest in the world. They do not sell one or two days tickets in high season. It is US$237 for 3 days out of 5 days. Even for senir (65+), it is US$71 for 1 day!
In Japan, Kagura&Mistumata, my favorite one, costs 4,000 yen for 1 day, 3,000 yen for 1 day senir (55+).
... but that’s still only $79 per day and almost guaranteed of decent snow conditions – still way cheaper than here at approx. $86 per day. (Exchange rate not really an issue.)

Do costs vary in other countries depending on the size of the resort? Always seems a bit strange that resorts with one lift charge almost the same places that are so much bigger.

Yes it does, for Whistler BC the resort is HUGE, one of the biggest one in Pacific Northwest.

But then again my state's mountain Mt.Hood Meadows is not too big, not too small. But still cost $47 for a day pass.

Resorts in Colorado usually cost more because its so famous for winter sport there, so make sense for them to mark up the lift ticket prices.

when I was in canada I bought a RCR superpass, I think it cost arount $720 for a weekday pass (mon-fri). Now the pass has gone up to over $900 and they removed a day now only mon-thurs, when I went RCR superpass could be used at 9 different resorts now it's only 4. For a full season pass it is $1200.

In my experience from Australia and Japan resorts normally charge about 12 times the day season rate for a seaon pass, in Canada it's 20, sure their season is maybe upto a month longer than many parts of Japan, but wow $1200 is expensive

Quote:
Originally posted by SubZero:
... but that’s still only $79 per day and almost guaranteed of decent snow conditions – still way cheaper than here at approx. $86 per day. (Exchange rate not really an issue.)
Huh? Guaranteed? No that isn't covered in the price. There is just as much chance of a shitty day at Vail as anywhere else. But if you are on a vacation and fly there - what are you gonna do, not ride? I am sure it varies from year to year, but Japan strikes me as "more consistent."

I am doing my regular riding at Mammoth these days. Their peak pass is a whopping $73. Don't go on peak days - too crowded anyway. There are still resorts around busy areas like Tahoe that have $25 passes. Baker is still just $37 peak.