• Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets all face(plant) it, this region of Japan (Nagano) usually gets an awesome supply of the "silent white", it's a given. My board is all sharpened up, screws tightened, fully waxed to the hilt and ready to go this Saturday when the Nozawa lifts open, sunday should be a blue sky day which should be loverly. Canny wait!

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
that looks like tateyama though.
Not Tateyama
It's Hakusan

I'm guessing that the Nozawa area will get 50-100cms. Let's hope I'm wrong of course.

Nozawa is right south of Sato or Sado Island right?
Looks like you're looking way to far west for your red colour. The most snow looks like it will fall right on my apartment happyglass.gif

This is amazing, these are the kind of dumps we would expect in Jan-Feb, not end Nov-Beg of dec. If the season keeps pumping it all along in the way it is starting then we could be in for the mother of all seasons.

Toque, if you get that much snow on your house you might not be able to make it to the slopes though...I'll pass on the smoochie, thank you very much.

Quote:
Originally posted by Fattwins:
Dont kiss me bubbles
 Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
I'll pass on the smoochie, thank you very much.
Don't worry guys
It's not going to snow nearly that much on my apartment. Maybe 10 cms at most. Long range forcasts never really come together the way we want them to.
  • 9 months later...

Time to revive this thread. Last year, first snow was spotted on the snow data map on October 4th. Wonder when we are gonna see our first grenn patches on the map? According to the weather office this winter is going to be a warm one... which means its gonna be the cldest in ages (they get it wrong 100% of the time, now that's what I call consistency, although with el-nino you never know) !

Snow down to 2000m in France...

I can feel Japan getting its first decent sprinkling soon.

This one is back home.

25-09-2006.jpg

This autum, a few locals have predicted a lot of snow based on natural observations. Wonder if it's gonna be an epic season for Spud this year.

First outing... in November I will make two weekend trips to the Vorab glacier in Flims-Laax. I've been skiing each weekend for the last 2 months at an indoor joint, but that really (really!) does not count for anything. It is a pile of poubelle.

How about you? Taking your son to the snow this season?

Indoor joint every w/e for 2 months! That is motivation/eagerness! I bet you will be quitting the Finance industry and going into the snow biz one way or another at some stage.

Got a pad close to the snow, so will be in the white stuff more often this season. My son is already running around to improve his cardio before the snow season starts and he can get on his first skis. One dilemma though, should I teach him skiing or boarding first?

Concensus seems to be for skiing. I think I would tend to agree with you guys. I know Soub has been teaching his kids, how about you AK, got kids?

Montoya, the last time I took my wife into waist-deep powder she was not too happy about it (she got stuck), although I must say that her board is short and crappy. Maybe I can get her a new powder board and take her into the BC, but I am not sure she will be a big fan... Maybe I will enlist your help into convincing her! \:\)

Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
Maybe I can get her a new powder board and take her into the BC, but I am not sure she will be a big fan... Maybe I will enlist your help into convincing her! \:\)
can she also ski?

anyway, just make sure she's on a board that stands taller then her and she'll float no problem. maybe I can loan her one of my longboards.