Quote:
Originally posted by Toque:
 Quote:
Originally posted by SerreChe:
Great, starting off already. Too bad could not see the vid. Probably not much to see though that early in the season.
Not so
People have been skiing some incredible lines already in the Colorado backcountry
Show us those lines pls!
  • Replies 701
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the north coulior of a mt. called castle peak last week. this guy's telemarking.

natechute4.jpg

McHenry Peak in June:

biglines_61135.jpg

hope these guys don't mind me hijacking their pictures. we know snow dot com

I'm guessing that the side slip picture is twisted and so exaggerates the slope angle. Look at the cliff disappearing off the left hand edge of the picture frame. If the whole cliff does that then it one huge over-hanging face.

>we know snow dot com

They have vid and pics all over the place and certainly get out there enough to make me bloody envious. But their site is full of advertising and so... prolific pics are self promotional for generating income. It diminished the stoke a little. On the flip side, you gotta to pay the band if you wanna dance, and ad revenue is one way to gather dancing chips.

I agree, both pic's angles are way exagerated by camera tilting, (you can see 2 guys standing lower down in the 1st pic, and the tracks up the couloir do not have enough angle) but still great tracks so early in the season.

True. It would be good to see some of Austria. I just know Switzerland relatively well and so it minimises the hassles of what is already a speculative trip that could yield only a little good white stuff. Driving across the Alps and various European countries without a navigator in the car can be a drag so when going solo I like to go somewhere I already know. And I know the western Germany to Milan and Milan - Geneva routes reasonably well, along with several valleys and passes along the way.

Yes, I have nothing left in life to criticise, all is well. So I have reverted to Aussie Bashing to fill the void.

Plenty of rain in the Alps this week, but no snow. I think I will defer my trip.